BPL Community Profile

James Klein (jnklein21) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me James Klein has not added a biography yet.
StateTN
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by James Klein

Showing 101 - 110 of 459 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...46

Forum » Thread

Re: RE: Alcohol stove + Jetboil = sluggish cooktime and sooty burn
Daniel, I think Ti or Al shouldn't matter (the importance of the differnent materials will likely be much smaller than the other vaiables in this test). I have been meaning to make a cone/wi...

In Make Your Own Gear » Frankenstein: The Cook Kit. Questions / Comments / Critisms welcome
March 26, 10:41am

Re: RE: Heat Exchanger vs. No Heat Exchanger
"The purpose of the heat exchanger and the windscreen is to make sure that all the heat energy in the fuel is transmitted to the water" Probably better to think of the HTX purpose as i...

In Make Your Own Gear » Frankenstein: The Cook Kit. Questions / Comments / Critisms welcome
March 25, 9:51am

Re: 14 grs fuel used, that's awesome!
Yep, only 14grs for the amount of water. I'd guess its closer to 11-12gr based on the amount of simmer it had left after reaching boiling. This is zelphs "modified" starlite, a st...

March 23, 7:37pm

Re: maybe add an ice cube to your test
Sorry wasn't trying to steer you away from esbit... I reran my stove a couple of times: Outside 40F air temp, little wind, 625gr(2.6cups) water @ 54F w/ one 17gr ice cube added just after t...

March 22, 7:25pm

Re: Jetboil+Cone+gram cracker+3 zip ties = rolling boil acheived
It is important to note that the JB has ~50% of the bottom surface area of the evernew pot you compared with. I wouldn't generalize your results to say that any non HTX pot is as fuel efficien...

March 22, 12:54pm

Re: Re: How To Track Down A Sheet of Ti
looks like tigoat has stock again. http://www.titaniumgoat.com/windscreens.html

In GEAR » How To Track Down A Sheet of Ti
March 17, 7:14pm

Re: next up
I don't have this pot but I have seen it reported as under 7oz for 2quarts and $10: http://www.opencountrycampware.com/products/CAMPING-EQUIPMENT/Pots-and-Kettles/2-Quart-Non-Stick-Kettle/sess...

In Gear Lists » What to add to / improve in my arsenal for 3 season hiking?
March 14, 8:21pm

Re: How do you use this system?
I have noticed once it is nice and cold (ie20F) its pretty easy to not overheat when hiking by adjusting what is on my head and jacket zipper (wbp not windshirt).

In Editor's Roundtable » Spring Snow Trekking Gear List
March 14, 7:43pm

seek outside source
Kevin your site only lists 2 dimensions for the foil: thickness X height(assuming)...is this priced by the foot?

In Make Your Own Gear » source for Ti foil/sheet?
March 13, 1:14pm

Re: Re: "The "I don't get it" thread"
what about something to keep the rain off (while moving and while resting - seems nescessary. Something to ancor this shelter to the ground with is nice when it windy. A pot to cook the food ...

In Philosophy & Technique » The "I don't get it" thread
March 11, 8:04pm

All Reader Reviews by James Klein

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Antig Outdoors Antig Outdoors
I recently purchased some mechandise from Anig outdoors and noticed there was no review, so here goes... I learned of the site from some of member Jeff Antig's posts (guessing he's the owne...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 01, 6:42pm