BPL Community Profile

James Klein (jnklein21) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me James Klein has not added a biography yet.
StateTN
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by James Klein

Showing 101 - 110 of 448 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...45

Forum » Thread

also
I am curious how you stumbled upon the "flysheet option". I can't seem to map to it from the golite site.

In GEAR » Differences between Shangri La II Fly vs Shangri La II Tarp
March 08, 6:56pm

Re: Differences between Shangri La II Fly vs Shangri La II Tarp
Ian, It apprears to me that the "flysheet" is just last years model. I notice at the top of the page you link to: "Home > Archived Products". $100 is a steal imo for th...

In GEAR » Differences between Shangri La II Fly vs Shangri La II Tarp
March 08, 6:55pm

mispost?
I bet he meant to post in this thread: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=74431&skip_to_post=635430#635430

In Make Your Own Gear » Can yall crafty people help me find a pack thread?
March 08, 9:12am

Re: Does Windchill matter with a sleeping bag?
If there is any forced (wind driven) airflow against/accross your sleeping bag than yes. Will be worse the more breathable you shell is.

In GEAR » Does Windchill matter with a sleeping bag?
March 08, 9:06am

Re: Not asking for mind readers, just conscientious readers.
The conflict isn't the POVs...its your interpretaion. Breathability isn't the only determining factor for wetness inside bivy. If you use a goretex bivy in a thunderstorm (no tarp) it wil...

In GEAR » Most Breathable Bivy?
March 06, 1:42pm

Re: People are losing track of the OP
No bivy will do what you are wanting very well in this range of situations. This might suck the least at accomplishing the things you want: http://www.exped.com/exped/web/exped_homepage_int.n...

March 06, 1:31pm

Re: Traction devices for minimalist shoes?
Someone here mentioned using thickish braided rope for light traction and it working pretty well. I have no idea how comfortable it would be with your shoes or how well it would work for your expe...

In GEAR » Traction devices for minimalist shoes?
March 06, 8:37am

Re: Most Breathable Bivy?
I am trying to nail down exactly what you are looking for here...I think you are too. You mention: 1)you are going to use the T.S. tarp when the weather is too nasty for the hammock or no trees...

March 05, 12:30pm

Re: Alright, looks like I need to be clear...
Pertex makes wpb stuff -- pertex shield I believe. http://www.integraldesigns.com/product_detail.cfm?id=893

March 04, 2:11pm

Re: Question about MYOG synthetic quilt construction
I sewed 3 sides of shell then stuffed the cut to size insulation. I worked well enough but I decided if I ever do it again - I would preform the normal way. The newspaper idea posted by Jake soun...

In Make Your Own Gear » Question about MYOG synthetic quilt construction
March 04, 9:26am

All Reader Reviews by James Klein

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Antig Outdoors Antig Outdoors
I recently purchased some mechandise from Anig outdoors and noticed there was no review, so here goes... I learned of the site from some of member Jeff Antig's posts (guessing he's the owne...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 01, 6:42pm