Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Lucas Boyer (jhawkwx) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale 38.97˚N, 95.26˚W
About Me Having been a backpacker off and on since the early 90's when a trip to Philmont infected me w/ the bug, I have transitioned over to a lighter kit. My first encounter with UL backpacking was some CDT thru-hikers I met in New Mexico. I went home and combed the web, found BPL, and the rest is history. Right now, I'm between jobs, working at a local running shop and have been doing a little freelance writing, hoping to find a voice for a writing career perhaps. Previously, I have obtained a meteorology degree and master's degree in secondary educ.
CityLawrence
StateKS
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.hobohiker.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListOHT Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lucas Boyer

Showing 101 - 110 of 201 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

re: 20 bucks
Got mine last week and used it on a gift for a friend. Snowpeak insulated ti mug for $14 after shipping. Too bad I didn't need anything else for free shipping.

In Gear Deals » Free $20.00 from backcountry
December 15, 3:48pm

re: chris
Chris, when I get low on food or get tired of the hipbelt I periodically hike w/ it unfastened too. Of course, those times when you load up for a water haul or start out w/ 10lbs of food, you need ...

In GEAR » Ohm
December 15, 3:44pm

re: chris
Chris, I've had the problem with more weight and less weight in the pack. My personal opinion is where you put the belt in relation to the illiac crest. I try to postion the belt over the crest...

In GEAR » Ohm
December 15, 9:22am

re: ohm hipbelt
Just measured my Ohm straps, 3/4". However, mine aren't twisting in the ladderloc. They are just sliding off the padding and rubbing my hips. I don't think this has anything to do w/ ...

In GEAR » Ohm
December 15, 8:54am

Ditto the Fancy Feast Stove
You can also use a beanie weanie/potted meat can too, if you don't have a cat to feed the food to. Of course, I'd probably be more likely to consume the Fancy Feast before I'd eat beani...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » alcohol stove input needed
December 14, 12:39pm

re: Light my Fire
Contestant #1 on the Gear Gong Show Light my fire worked great until the tines of the fork snapped in my hands as I was scooping food from the bowl. That dang sawtooth knife on the fork just irr...

In GEAR » Well, it seemed like a good idea...
December 14, 12:26pm

re: ohm hipbelt
The longer I own my Ohm, the more I think they goofed on the design of the hipbelt. The present design is fine if you put a piece of grosgrain on the hipbelt padded wing like a belt loop on jeans, ...

In GEAR » Ohm
December 14, 9:47am

re:
Ali, I've been spending the balance of my time between BPL forums and the Tiny House Blog. There are some great ideas for residential arrangements on there. http://tinyhouseblog.com/ Grea...

In GEAR » Ultralight living
December 11, 10:20am

re:
I'm more curious to learn how Andy's kit evolves for this newest endeavor.

In Gear Swap » Am I the only one....
December 11, 10:16am

re: stove sale
Andy, I picked up a nonstick .9 Evernew right here for $20, like new condition w/ a small scald spot where an alcohol burner had scorched something. I'd think saving someone the effort of makin...

In Gear Swap » UL Fancy Feast Cat Can Stove System
December 11, 10:12am

All Reader Reviews by Lucas Boyer

Lucas Boyer has posted no reviews.