Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Lucas Boyer (jhawkwx) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale 38.97˚N, 95.26˚W
About Me Having been a backpacker off and on since the early 90's when a trip to Philmont infected me w/ the bug, I have transitioned over to a lighter kit. My first encounter with UL backpacking was some CDT thru-hikers I met in New Mexico. I went home and combed the web, found BPL, and the rest is history. Right now, I'm between jobs, working at a local running shop and have been doing a little freelance writing, hoping to find a voice for a writing career perhaps. Previously, I have obtained a meteorology degree and master's degree in secondary educ.
CountryUnited States
My Website URL
My PDF Gear ListOHT Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lucas Boyer

Showing 101 - 110 of 201 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

re: 20 bucks
Got mine last week and used it on a gift for a friend. Snowpeak insulated ti mug for $14 after shipping. Too bad I didn't need anything else for free shipping.

In Gear Deals » Free $20.00 from backcountry
December 15, 3:48pm

re: chris
Chris, when I get low on food or get tired of the hipbelt I periodically hike w/ it unfastened too. Of course, those times when you load up for a water haul or start out w/ 10lbs of food, you need ...

In GEAR » Ohm
December 15, 3:44pm

re: chris
Chris, I've had the problem with more weight and less weight in the pack. My personal opinion is where you put the belt in relation to the illiac crest. I try to postion the belt over the crest...

In GEAR » Ohm
December 15, 9:22am

re: ohm hipbelt
Just measured my Ohm straps, 3/4". However, mine aren't twisting in the ladderloc. They are just sliding off the padding and rubbing my hips. I don't think this has anything to do w/ ...

In GEAR » Ohm
December 15, 8:54am

Ditto the Fancy Feast Stove
You can also use a beanie weanie/potted meat can too, if you don't have a cat to feed the food to. Of course, I'd probably be more likely to consume the Fancy Feast before I'd eat beani...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » alcohol stove input needed
December 14, 12:39pm

re: Light my Fire
Contestant #1 on the Gear Gong Show Light my fire worked great until the tines of the fork snapped in my hands as I was scooping food from the bowl. That dang sawtooth knife on the fork just irr...

In GEAR » Well, it seemed like a good idea...
December 14, 12:26pm

re: ohm hipbelt
The longer I own my Ohm, the more I think they goofed on the design of the hipbelt. The present design is fine if you put a piece of grosgrain on the hipbelt padded wing like a belt loop on jeans, ...

In GEAR » Ohm
December 14, 9:47am

Ali, I've been spending the balance of my time between BPL forums and the Tiny House Blog. There are some great ideas for residential arrangements on there. Grea...

In GEAR » Ultralight living
December 11, 10:20am

I'm more curious to learn how Andy's kit evolves for this newest endeavor.

In Gear Swap » Am I the only one....
December 11, 10:16am

re: stove sale
Andy, I picked up a nonstick .9 Evernew right here for $20, like new condition w/ a small scald spot where an alcohol burner had scorched something. I'd think saving someone the effort of makin...

In Gear Swap » UL Fancy Feast Cat Can Stove System
December 11, 10:12am

All Reader Reviews by Lucas Boyer

Lucas Boyer has posted no reviews.