Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jeremy Cleaveland (jeremy11) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Exploring San Juan talus
About Me Bible believer, disciple of Jesus Christ, wilderness guide, rock climber, trail runner, mountain climber, ultralight nerd. I grew up in upstate NY going to camp in the Adirondacks where I eventually led trips on all the 46 high peaks, where going heavy led me to find Golite, through which I bought Beyond Backpacking, and the rest is history...
for years I've been an ultralight freak, sewing much of my own gear.
CityLake City
StateColorado
CountryAntarctica
My Website URLhttp://psc.photoshelter.com/user/jeremycleaveland/set/A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeremy Cleaveland

Showing 101 - 110 of 171 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

Wind River tent
I've only spent a week in the Winds, this past August, and it was incredible (however, I do live in the San Juans). The weather was bad enough we didn't get any rock climbing in though. B...

In GEAR » Wind River tent
January 23, 10:03pm

Skurka looking for expedition ideas
Greenland. There are some huge Yosemite type cliffs getting a tiny bit of exploration, so an UL backpack up there would be absolutely stunning. Maybe do some easy walk-up peaks too, possible firs...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Skurka looking for expedition ideas
January 22, 4:52pm

Re: Before and After Ultralight
my foot, after ultralight, but still climbing slow...

In Photography » Before and After Ultralight
January 21, 10:19pm

Jardine finds a weak point in corn pasta!!
http://www.rayjardine.com/nft/index.htm Ray Jardine finds a weakness corn pasta. I thought this was funny after reading Beyond Backpacking multiple times.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Jardine finds a weak point in corn pasta!!
January 21, 5:21pm

Re: Paramo - free shipping
"I have a fair idea why they're extending this offer to customers in the USA .... but shouldn't say." something to do with the euro to US dollar exchange? I got my Paramo As...

In GEAR » Paramo - free shipping
January 20, 10:39am

FS- Thermarest Prolite 3 short, K2 Super Stinx, Princetontec Aurora
feel free to make lower offers folks!

In Gear Swap » FS- Thermarest Prolite 3 short, K2 Super Stinx, Princetontec Aurora
January 18, 10:53pm

eneloop
their site says they can be used with other battery chargers. anyone have experience with this? I just got the energizer rechargeables (with 4 AA and 4 AAA) for Christmas, and the charge loss cou...

In GEAR » Anyone hear of these batteries?
January 17, 9:19pm

Re: daypack options from basecamp
I've gone through the same dilemma when hiking the 46 Adirondack high peaks, but with the Golite Gust, which of course does not have the compactor things. I then developed a 2 oz daypack (basi...

In GEAR » daypack options from basecamp
January 17, 8:53pm

Re: synthetic insualtion
www.thru-hiker.com you can get one of several kit/patterns for insulated jackets or vests, plus the excellent Liberty Ridge shell jacket and pants kit/patterns. The Liberty Ridge pants pattern can...

In Make Your Own Gear » synthetic insualtion
January 17, 11:01am

FS- Thermarest Prolite 3 short, K2 Super Stinx, Princetontec Aurora
Thermarest Prolite 3 short, 13 oz (manufacturer weight) works great, I just normally bring a lighter foam pad $50 shipped Princetontec Aurora headlamp. 3 leds, high, medium, low, an...

In Gear Swap » FS- Thermarest Prolite 3 short, K2 Super Stinx, Princetontec Aurora
January 16, 10:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeremy Cleaveland

Showing 1 - 7 of 7 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Thru-hiker Liberty Ridge Shell
I've made two of these, both with a full #3 ykk molded tooth zipper and hood. the first was from 1.1 oz dwr, the second from 1.1 oz teflon dwr. I normally use the non-telfon due to its greater b...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 16, 10:57am

Mark Twight/The Mountaineers Extreme Alpinism
this is an incredible read. Get it for the epic stories alone. I often say "it could be worse" to encourage my spirits in hard conditions, and the stories really illustrate how true that i...

In Books and Media
January 14, 11:12pm

Dasani Dasani 1 Liter bottle
it is really light, lighter than a 1 L gatorade, but is weaker and has a small opening, making it messier to put in drink mix. Mine worked fine, but they have a shorter life than gatorade bottles. T...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
October 25, 10:13pm

Paramo Aspira Jacket
Paramo has a very unique method for waterproofing - there is no membrane, but instead has a dwr shell with a pump liner that moves liquid water, whether rain or sweat, away from you faster than it can...

In Clothing - Raingear
September 27, 11:21pm

Cilogear 60L worksack, version 1
The Cilogear 60L pack (mine is version 1) is the one pack that can handle everything, and excel at everything. It is light enough for backpacking but durable enough to abuse with bushwhacking, alpine...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
September 23, 3:20pm

Cilogear 20L
The Cilogear 20L pack was designed specifically as an alpine climbing leader's pack. it is small so you can't lead with too much stuff (you're already carrying a rack and dragging a rope ...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 05, 9:13pm

Cilogear Schoolbag
(why is this under internal frame packs? all it has is a stiff foam back pad...) its a great bag. here's what i don't like so much - the shoulder straps are just a bit too narrow for my n...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
September 05, 8:56pm