BPL Community Profile

Joshua Mitchell (jdmitch) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Kansas
About Me Joshua Mitchell has not added a biography yet.
CityLawrence
StateKansas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joshua Mitchell

Showing 101 - 110 of 845 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...85

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Liner socks instead of thick wool?
Ditto on the just use a thin sock. I've walked around in puddles in mesh trailrunners (north face ultras I think) and thin merino socks in in Denmark in 40-ish degree weather while it's rai...

In GEAR » Liner socks instead of thick wool?
March 03, 8:37am

Re: SUL Bottom Insulation for a Hammock
Bill, That's sweet, both your process and the result. It reminds be of a problem I've had for a while. When sleeping on the ground, my lower back is aways the coldest stop on my body. I ...

In Multiple Use Gear » Back to the Future-oops-Super Ultra Light
March 03, 8:28am

Re: Swobo Merino T
Yeah, there are a number of US-Cycling Clothing Mfrs that do Merino relatively inexpensively... you might check out rivendell cycle clothing as well... Nau pretty regularly puts their merino on sal...

In GEAR » Swobo Merino T
March 02, 7:22pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Bushbuddy mating with IMUSA
"I was lucky enough to score a used BushBuddy for $50, slicing the price by more than half." Oh... wow... nice catch... PS - The J. Falk's Bushwhacker Stove is promising, but I ...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Firelite SUL 1100 for my bushbuddy
February 29, 9:30am

Re: Re: Bushbuddy mating with IMUSA
"No way I'd spend over $40 for a pot which weighs the same as the IMUSA." No offense to anyone here, but I can't help but chuckle at the quirkiness of our members. Um... did...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Firelite SUL 1100 for my bushbuddy
February 29, 8:04am

Re: Re: Firesteel Mini Toothbrush Handle
I'd rather shove a firesteel (which only ever sees another piece of metal and is relatively easy to clean) than a ti-stake (which is getting shoved into the ground and consequently through who-...

In Multiple Use Gear » Firesteel Mini Toothbrush Handle
February 29, 7:50am

Re: Skin should adapt...
"The Icebreaker does get better with wear. I washed mine in Nikwax Wool Wash on gentle cycle, and it felt much softer afterward. Your skin also gets used to it pretty quickly as well." ...

In GEAR » Icebreaker Atlas Ultralite 150 L/S T
February 29, 7:49am

Re: Coffee Degradation
"so does a coffee bean in the wrong environment. Basically, the bean should be stored air and light tight in room temps (I'm only assuming room temp) and that can't quite happen on the...

In Make Your Own Gear » Free 3.2 oz coffee grinder
February 29, 7:42am

Re: Jackstrap
Nite-Ize also has / had something similar.

In Make Your Own Gear » Maglite Headband
February 27, 8:54am

3.2 oz Coffee Grinder
What grind are you using this for? Coarse grind or more of an espresso grind? Oh, and are you using the mini one or the standard one? How many days of coffee are you getting from a full load?

In Make Your Own Gear » Free 3.2 oz coffee grinder
February 27, 8:46am

All Reader Reviews by Joshua Mitchell

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Icebreaker Tech T Lite Superfine 140
This is my first Merino T-Shirt (though I have a couple other manufacturers). Wore it a few days straight in super-hot/humid Boy Scout Summer Camp... little to no smell... way comfortable... man I lik...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
July 20, 12:54pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Got mine (Auto-Ignition) a couple years ago as my Xmas present to myself (single engineers have money...), loved it ever since.

In Stoves - Canister
August 02, 11:28am