Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

James DeMonaco (jdemonaco) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale San Francisco
About Me James DeMonaco has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Francisco
StateCA
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListMy Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by James DeMonaco

Showing 101 - 110 of 149 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

Dolomites
I got a chance to hike this range this last summer while I was in Italy on business as well! It was absolutely gorgeous. I hiked out of Pian Cavallo (sp?). Started at a ski lodge and worked my w...

In Post-Trip Reports » Dolomites - Italian Alps 11/2010
January 11, 8:52pm

PenRod and Reel
I've debated getting one of these for awhile. If I have a little extra cash at the end of the week I might pick one up. I read the description and it says the spinner rod combo weighs 202gr...

In Fishing » BPS Microlite spinning reel
January 09, 5:48pm

BPS TinyLite
Just ordered a TinyLite to give it a shot. I went into BPS yesterday and they didn't have any for me to look at, although I did see the MicroLite. It was small and light (duh) but the man at th...

In Fishing » BPS Microlite spinning reel
January 09, 4:23pm

Decided
Finally decided to go for the GL Peak bag. I think it is exactly what I was looking for afterall. Thanks for all the advice, specially about using my sleeping pad as a cylindrical frame! :)

In GEAR » Looking for a weekender pack, need advice
January 07, 5:20pm

Thanks everyone
I appreciate all the input and PMs. I'm going to give some serious thought to all of these packs (GL Peak, GL Jam, MLD Newt, GG Murmur, REI Flash 30 [although this one is too small I think]...

January 06, 4:04pm

Looking for a weekender pack, need advice
Hey everyone! I'm sort of stuck, looking for a pack to buy. I recently decided to buy a smaller pack for weekend trips (as I only had a Deuter 40+10, and an Osprey 60). I decided to buy the ...

January 05, 11:49pm

Thanks everyone
I appreciate the information! I lived in SF for about three years and I'm just getting ready to move back up there. I know the public transit pretty well so I was hoping to get information j...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Are there any hikes in the Bay Area...
October 19, 8:44pm

Are there any hikes in the Bay Area...
That are accessible via the BART or bus or combination thereof? I'm going to be based in downtown SF and I'm looking for some good day-hikes and overnighters as well but I won't have a ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Are there any hikes in the Bay Area...
October 18, 1:10pm

Coupon for landsend.com
In case anybody does order from lands end, you can use the coupon code "FEELGOOD" with the PIN 7201 for free shipping until october 4th :)

In Gear Deals » Down Sale at LandsEnd.Com
September 30, 11:02pm

I feel much better about the passes now
Thanks for the advice on that. Hopefully it's not TOO hot, just hot enough to make the water worth dipping the feet in :) I think we can deal with the heat though, I'm a desert kind of g...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Looking for a hike recomendation in San Gabriels
July 14, 3:22am

All Reader Reviews by James DeMonaco

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Kooka Bay Syn filled custom pad
I purchased a 60x20x2.5 mummy shaped R5 Synthetic filled pad from Kookabay back in January, received it early February, and have had the pleasure of spending around 30+ nights on it so far. I can h...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
October 15, 12:42am