BPL Community Profile

Jason Brinkman (jbrinkmanboi) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Idaho
About Me I backpack, hike, raft, hunt, fish, mountain bike, ski, snowshoe, trail run, etc.
CityBoise
StateIdaho
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListRocky Mountain Summer 3-day Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jason Brinkman

Showing 101 - 110 of 499 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...50

Forum » Thread

Suunto Core vs. Silva Tech4o Traileader
Looks and sounds like the Silva Tech4o Traileader is very similar to the Suunto Core in design. The Suunto Core case is 49 mm in diameter and 15 mm thick. Weight varies by model, but most are p...

In GEAR » Silve Tech4o Trailleader
July 13, 12:17am

Idaho Day Hikes
Great pics! I am sure you found it rather uncrowded here too. That's why you don't see many of these sort of pics posted! :)

In Photo Gallery » Idaho
July 12, 6:54pm

Silva Tech4o Trailleader
The website ( www.tech4o.com ) shows two models - the Traileader 1 and the Traileader 2. Both apparently have the same functions, but the TL2 appears to have a cloth band that might mitigate some ...

In GEAR » Silve Tech4o Trailleader
July 12, 6:37pm

Re: How about your Sub-10 list
Sorry Stephen - haven't checked this thread in a while. The program I used on my list is just Excel, but with judicious formatting and a pivot table or two. If I ever get around to it, I ...

In Gear Lists » How about your Sub-10 list
July 12, 12:10am

Re: How to size trekking poles?
The following is a general guideline only. I would advocate, as others have, that you begin with adjustable poles until you get it dialed in. This technique is also useful as a starting point for...

In GEAR » How to size trekking poles?
July 11, 12:13pm

Re: Choosing Gear is Excessively Complex
The blog author seems to suggest that folks who would post on a forum like BPL are not the target audience. So then why call it to our attention with a post here? I can't disagree with the ...

In GEAR » Choosing Gear is Excessively Complex
July 11, 2:36am

Re: Cabela's XPG Ultralight Wing
My brother-in-law has one. Very similar to a Kelty Noah's Tarp. Bomb proof, but heavy. Pretty good value. Ten footer is great coverage for one or two.

In GEAR » Cabela's XPG Ultralight Wing
July 11, 2:03am

Re: Handle Insulators - SnowPeak 600
You failed to mention the most important parts: 1. How did you get it on there? 2. What does it weigh? You could be docked BPL Rank points for failing to mention the weight! :)

In GEAR » Snowpeak 600 Handle Insulators
July 10, 12:02am

Re: What backpack should I downsize to?
I would get the Murmur. If you can't fit it all in on a given weekend, then you still have the Mariposa, which will be at least half full. I like the looks of the Miniposa myself, and will ...

In GEAR » What backpack should I downsize to?
July 09, 11:58pm

Re: Sublite
What length of trekking poles are required? I have the fixed length BPL Stix. Just curious if my 135cm length would work.

In GEAR » Henry's Sublite
July 09, 1:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Jason Brinkman

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I've had zero problems with my Firesteel. It always throws a reliable and predictably shaped spark fan. Lights stoves or fires easily. Lighting a fire does require a dry tinder material (found ...

In Cookware - Other
July 24, 10:18am

REI Minimalist Bivy Sack
I picked up a REI Minimalist Bivy in size long to try out. The long also has added girth, which is great. I slept in it twice in my backyard proving ground. Both times were clear, low humidity night...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
May 09, 11:53pm

clif shot bloks/jelly belly sport beans various flavors
Tried the Shot Bloks (pina colada and black cherry) for the first time on a trip in Hells Canyon last weekend. I found the texture and flavor to be VERY appealing, and the calorie density is acceptab...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
May 09, 11:26pm

Black Diamond Spire Elliptical Trekking Poles
I was intrigued by these initially because of the ellipical shafts - definitely seem stronger/stiffer on the principle axis than comparable weight round poles. I was willing to live with the 20 oz pe...

In Trekking Poles
February 28, 11:57pm