BPL Community Profile

Inaki Diaz de Etura (inaki) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Iberia highlands
About Me Inaki Diaz de Etura has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.viajarapie.info

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 101 - 110 of 321 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...33

Forum » Thread

Catastrophic / Non-catastrophic failure
> Non-catastrophic failure is characterized by the simple criteria that upon removal of the load, shelter structure and performance properties are fully restored A bent pole is permanent dama...

In Editor's Roundtable » Storm Resistance of Ultralight Shelters: Part 1, Introduction
February 01, 4:26am

Temp or humidity diff
> All non-air permeable wp/b fabrics rely on a temperature difference between the inside and outside of the membrane to achieve moisture transfer through the membrane Excuse for the thread dr...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Staying dry during heavy winter activities
January 23, 3:11am

Pinnacle and winter mountaineering
> you will struggle to attach: snowshoes/skis, crampons, helmet, snow shovel, pickets, ice axe, 2nd tool & a probe in a comfortable and practical manner. It can be done though not as conv...

In GEAR » Favorite winter backpack?
January 11, 2:22am

Golite Pinnacle
I've used the Pinnacle for ski touring, it's actually the pack I still use. It's fine for packing the skis. I usually carry full mountaineerig equipment except rope, harness and related...

In GEAR » Favorite winter backpack?
January 09, 12:37pm

Re: Cuben durability
Thanks for the lengthy and informative answer. One thing I still wonder, is Cuben still sewn at all these days? I mean for shelters. I know it still is for some other uses where seam tension is not...

In Philosophy & Technique » Cuben v Silnylon (weight v cost)
December 20, 12:44pm

Methanol toxicity, wind screens for canister stoves
Commenting on some of the topic ramifications: I think it was on one of this site's articles that I read about the ethanol ingestion as a partial, on-the-go-while-there's-nothing-else-an...

In GEAR » Is Ethanol Worth It?
December 20, 11:59am

Micropur differs USA/EU
Beware the Micropur tablets' formulae is different for products sold in the US and Europe or, at least, my corner of Europe which is the same as Henk's. I've never found any CLO2 Microp...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Concentrated Aquamira
December 17, 10:44am

Re: Bike + Tarp (w/ no poles)
Charlie: the kickstand was deployed in that setup but it's really not necessary. The tension in the line keeps the bike standing just like with a hiking pole (that wouldn't stand up on its ...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Bike + Tarp (w/ no poles)
December 17, 9:42am

Cuben durability
How about Cuben's long term durability? I haven't used it myself for long enough to know yet. Concerns about delamination in the not-so-long term due to sun exposure are probably not too mu...

In Philosophy & Technique » Cuben v Silnylon (weight v cost)
November 29, 8:47am

Re: Leg insulation for Fall/Winter
I don't see the need for the Primaloft shorts. With fleece tights on, the rainproof shorts should be enough of an addition to keep warm. If what you mean is to try to compensate for the exposed...

In GEAR » Leg insulation for Fall/Winter
November 14, 4:15am

All Reader Reviews by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Golite Hex 3
Not a full review but just a small addition on what's already been said regarding winter use. While skis make for wonderful stakes on deep snow, unfortunately the tie out loops at the end of the 6 mai...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
January 18, 7:47am

Nunatak Arc Ghost
I was torn between Ghost and Alpinist before ordering and eventually ordered something in between, quite like the former X from BMW. It has the loft of the Ghost with the dimensions of the Alpinist an...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
September 05, 11:08am