Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Inaki Diaz de Etura (inaki) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Iberia highlands
About Me Inaki Diaz de Etura has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.viajarapie.info

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 101 - 110 of 335 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...34

Forum » Thread

Humans are language driven
Whatever everyone does regarding names, remember one thing: we humans are language driven animals to the extent that what is not named does not exist for us. Then, it can be a formal name or a read...

In Philosophy & Technique » What's in a name OR do you even care?
February 27, 1:28pm

Weather and trip length
The issue about facing harsh weather in short vs long trips is twofold. On one side, as it's been said, a long hike will make you go through bad weather sooner or later, not necessarily on a sh...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The validity of going lightweight for shorter trips
February 27, 1:02pm

Calf/knee high socks
David, about the height of the base layer sock, I understand a calf/knee high sock will be warmer than a regular height one but I wonder how important this is and if it's worth the drawbacks. D...

In Editor's Roundtable » Fast and Light Shoulder Season Footwear Tips
February 22, 11:54am

Shoe life
my experience goes to at least 8 weeks of everyday, 10-12 hr/day use and that was with some Innov8 shoes that were lighter than what I usually use. Vasques and Salomons I usually wear 12+ weeks or ...

In GEAR » Gear: What breaks when and why?
February 20, 5:50am

Re: Thruhiker mentality
Thru-hiking is a badly paid job with 12+ hour shifts and no weekends. It makes you happy or it won't happen.

In Philosophy & Technique » Thruhiker mentality
February 18, 9:08am

Pack vs body weight
> No, I don't think baseweight and body weight are different at all. What matters is the total mass you're propelling through space. Big no. Weight on your pack affects very different...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Cottage Stagnation and a Thorough Response
February 14, 3:47am

Re: Lofted wool jackets?
To keep warm when wet a filling needs to keep as much as possible its structure. The more stable the structure, the heavier and less compressible. I'm sure it will work fine but I wouldn't ...

In GEAR » Lofted wool jackets?
February 10, 3:36am

Rain gear that works?
> For rain though I think I'd rather just carry good rain gear that works the problem here is whether that gear even exists if by "work" you mean keeping the hiker dry. And whil...

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking and Hiking with an Umbrella
February 09, 9:14am

Re: Backpacking and Hiking with an Umbrella
Regarding poles, I guess most people here have already tried a pack under 10 kg and most surely all of us have tried hiking without poles sometime so it's most likely that both conditions met a...

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking and Hiking with an Umbrella
February 08, 1:18pm

Re: Wind Pants
Wind pants can fit in well or not depending on the rest of your gear. Shorts of any kind plus wind pants can be a good combo. Tights plus the wind pants works too. The typical hiking pant made o...

In GEAR » Wind Pants
February 08, 12:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Golite Hex 3
Not a full review but just a small addition on what's already been said regarding winter use. While skis make for wonderful stakes on deep snow, unfortunately the tie out loops at the end of the 6 mai...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
January 18, 7:47am

Nunatak Arc Ghost
I was torn between Ghost and Alpinist before ordering and eventually ordered something in between, quite like the former X from BMW. It has the loft of the Ghost with the dimensions of the Alpinist an...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
September 05, 11:08am