Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 101 - 110 of 6981 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...699

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: RE: What our gear says about us...
Hmmmm. Ms. Mitol: This: "I can't seem to find a guy who WANTS to go on these multi-day, multi-week adventures like me. Third world countries, wilderness, international treks....Not t...

In GEAR » What our gear says about us...
January 12, 4:01pm

Re: Re: How much did childhood experiences influence your interest in backpacking?
My father was a SERE instructor in the Army. He used to blindfold us boys, drive us out to the woods, take the blindfold off and then tell us to find our way home. Never took us longer than a week ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How much did childhood experiences influence your interest in backpacking.
January 12, 1:29pm

Re: anyone make a 25" ccf pad in 1/8, 1/4 or 3/8"
I'd give Dave Olsen a shout, he may be able to help you out.

In GEAR » anyone make a 25" ccf pad in 1/8, 1/4 or 3/8"
January 12, 7:58am

Re: Re: Has Nunatak closed up shop?
https://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=96693

In GEAR » Has Nunatak closed up shop?
January 12, 6:58am

Re: Testing the Kovea Spider Stove by FLAT CAT GEAR
Thanks for the links Ken. Good stuff.

In GEAR » Testing the Kovea Spider Stove by FLAT CAT GEAR
January 12, 5:44am

Re: ihpone battery permanently damaged by sub freezing temperatures?
From: http://www.ibtimes.com/5-effects-extreme-cold-smartphones-how-protect-your-iphone-or-android-device-elements-1532650 "Battery drain is one of the most immediate effects of cold weathe...

In GEAR » ihpone battery permanently damaged by sub freezing temperatures?
January 11, 8:09pm

Re: The Swiss Alps.
I'm excited to go to Switzerland with Kat. Of course, she doesn't know it yet, I'm waiting til just the right time to tell her....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where are you excited to go in 2015?
January 11, 6:31pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: AdBlock
"My above post was based on the latter assumption with a concomitant assumption that he has a sense of humor. Of sorts." He's actually got a pretty good sense of humor, at least fr...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » BPL Reacts to distasteful ad complaints
January 11, 3:34pm

Re: Re: vegan food on the go
+1 to Kiel. Cook good stuff, then dehydrate at home. I've made a few tasty backpacking meals that way, and continue to experiment with more.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Vegan food on the go
January 11, 3:27pm

They're not about religion...
The attacks, that is. A very thoughtful piece by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Well worth your time. http://time.com/3662152/kareem-abdul-jabbar-paris-charlie-hebdo-terrorist-attacks-are-not-about-religion/

In Chaff » They're not about religion...
January 10, 9:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am