Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 101 - 110 of 7194 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...720

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: A Question for Ye Computer Geeks
Did you find the right setting to change in the preferences? "For people looking for FREE Microsoft Office alternatives -- LibreOffice and Open Office get the most attention -- but IMHO, Ki...

In Chaff » A Question for Ye Computer Geeks
February 18, 8:43am

Re: Different considerations for those of us who are always drenched
Like the OP, and like whalen, if I'm exerting, I'm going to sweat no matter what I'm wearing or the temp. I sweat a lot thru my head! So even in very cold weather, I'm often only we...

In GEAR » Layering System for Those Who Sweat a Lot????
February 18, 8:38am

Re: Enchantments Lottery Now Open
"Good luck and may the odds be ever in your favor." But only after I get mine....

In Pre-Trip Planning » Enchantments Lottery Now Open
February 17, 4:53pm

Re: A Question for Ye Computer Geeks
Since it's a Kingsoft Office dialog box, it's highly likely that the setting you need to adjust is in the Kingsoft Office preferences. I'd look in preferences, see if there's an Opt...

In Chaff » A Question for Ye Computer Geeks
February 17, 4:31pm

Re: Synthetic Vest!
"I wear a massive set of synthetic puffy mitts" Have you ever tried Moose Mitts? http://www.trails-edge.com/product/trails-edge-moose-mitts-flat-bar-676.htm

In GEAR » Layering System for Those Who Sweat a Lot????
February 17, 4:04pm

Re: Re: Caldera Cone as windscreen for Kovea Spider stove?
Thanks Roger. I did know not to use it with a regular canister stove, was curious about using it with the remote stove. Sounds like a bad idea! :-) Appreciate the info!

In GEAR » Caldera Cone as windscreen for Kovea Spider stove?
February 17, 1:51pm

Re: Re: Survey? What survey?
I was wrong. I did get the email, but it went to my junk mail folder so I didn't realize I had it.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » BPL website v2015 survey
February 17, 10:34am

Caldera Cone as windscreen for Kovea Spider stove?
I have a Kovea Spider stove. I have one of the larger titanium Caldera Cones. The Kovea stove fits in the cone. The pot fits snugly in the cone, as designed (meaning pretty much sealing the top aro...

In GEAR » Caldera Cone as windscreen for Kovea Spider stove?
February 17, 9:50am

Re: Mn BPLers
"Gathering of Grilling Gear Geeks" My bad. I thought it was Goofy Gear Geeks....

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » MN BPLers
February 17, 8:08am

Re: Less is more...but is it enough?
Yeah, I should probably clean up my kitchen....

In Chaff » Less is more...but is it enough?
February 16, 5:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am