BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 101 - 110 of 6132 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...614

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Backpacks and Dogs
Looking at the trekking belt on this page: http://www.nooksackracing.com/skijoring.html Not sure when you need it by, but perhaps you could call Chris at ULA and talk about a custom belt made fo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacks and Dogs
March 03, 1:36pm

Re: Backpacks and Dogs
Well, if you don't absolutely need the hip belt pockets on the pack, then it could be a relatively easy solution. I'm pretty sure all ULA packs have a removable hip belt that goes through a...

March 03, 1:21pm

Re: Backpacks and Dogs
Do you have a link to the belt you use now? Might be helpful to see it.

March 03, 12:50pm

Re: Micro-Spikes
I'm trying out a system in Michigan in a couple of days, but it needs microspikes. I'll be wearing: thin sock, thicker insulating sock, trail runners, 40 Below neoprene booties, and then...

In GEAR » Trail Runners and Snow
March 03, 10:35am

Re: Winter is still here in force
Please don't remove the price after you sell it so I might be able to gauge a good price for Central Maryland. Thanks.

In Gear Swap » Winter is still here in force
March 03, 7:31am

Re: Footwear/Socks for Snowy Trail
Are you wearing microspikes on your Hokas, or just the Hokas alone?

In GEAR » Trail Runners and Snow
March 03, 7:26am

Re: Re: New Yorkers paying over $8,000 for beard transplants
"Seeing as no one under 30, of either gender, has pubic hair anymore," or over 80, or so I've been told....

In Chaff » New Yorkers paying over $8,000 for beard transplants
March 02, 8:05pm

Re: Tent care
You'd have to use a machine without a center agitator, and wash on delicate cycle. But I agree with the previous poster, just set it up and rinse it off. You could always get one of those thing...

In GEAR » Tent care
March 02, 7:34pm

Re: A couple more from today
Those are truly amazing. They look like they'd be right at home in some movie set in medieval times!

In Photography » Golden Eagle eating deer that mountain lion killed
March 02, 6:15pm

Re: Re: What is your two item first aid kit?
This works for me...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What is your two item first aid kit?
March 02, 4:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am