BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 101 - 110 of 6409 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...641

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: stored ESBIT "odour"
"Peter claimed that there was a difference in the odor of 4 gram tablets versus 14 gram tablets. I didn't think that the actual material was any different, but that the packaging was quite...

In GEAR » stored ESBIT "odour"
June 28, 7:04pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: stored ESBIT "odour"
Ha! Good try Bob. Did you major in obfuscation in college?

June 28, 6:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: stored ESBIT "odour"
"So, Peter, apparently you are claiming that the 14 gram packaging is perfect." Ah, but Peter didn't claim any such thing. He made no claim at all in that respect, actually, but si...

June 28, 6:29pm

She throws like a girl!
Kinda cool little PSA: http://digg.com/video/what-does-it-mean-to-do-something-like-a-girl

In Chaff » She throws like a girl!
June 28, 4:15pm

Blur your home on Google maps
I didn't know this. (Yup, surfing this afternoon, but not the kind Craig is probably doing....) http://www.dailydot.com/politics/how-to-erase-your-house-from-google-maps/

In Chaff » Blur your home on Google maps
June 28, 3:22pm

What beauty looks like
Fascinating article on what beauty looks like across the world. BPL software. Sigh. http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2014/06/these-photoshops-of-the-same-women-suggest-beauty-sta...

In Chaff » What beauty looks like
June 28, 3:11pm

Re: primer on compression hose/stockings
NM

In GEAR » Baselayer question: How tight is too tight?
June 28, 2:52pm

Re: Survival Trip in the "Fortress of the Bears"
Best of luck Buck! Will look forward to your reports!

In Chaff » Survival Trip in the "Fortress of the Bears"
June 28, 1:58pm

Re: Re: Bay Area GGG Host
How about if I just take some time off in the fall and we go on a trip out there somewhere. No organization at all.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Bay Area GGG Host
June 27, 10:37pm

Re: Re: Re: FS: clothing stuff
"Would you consider selling the beanie? I've wanted one of those for a while." No, not at this time. If I do decide to, I'll try to remember your interest and let you know. No ...

In Gear Swap » FS: clothing stuff
June 27, 10:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am