BPL Community Profile

Jeff Hollis (hyperslug) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Jeff Hollis hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Been backpacking for 30+ years and have 20+ years in the outdoor industry.
CityFayetteville
StateArkansas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeff Hollis

Showing 101 - 110 of 157 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Forum » Thread

Aqua Mira
You can maybe get by using nothing but I use Aqua Mira (chlorine dioxide) it kills crypto, which regular chlorine wont.It is all about managing risk and that is a personal choice.

In GEAR » Light water filtration/treatment options ?
March 13, 12:23pm

Whatca looking for Michael?
E.D. Pills? Something to make the pain go away? Something to make everything go away? You feeling down or do you want to? Have an itch you can't quite scratch? Anything need enlarging? I'...

In Chaff » Online Pharmacy
March 12, 12:56pm

Available Online
John said: "I believe that the tarps are really lighter than the posted weights." I hope your right John! If you hit the retailer button they are available at several places includ...

In Gear Deals » Outdoor Products Backpacker Tarp
March 12, 8:48am

Outdoor Products
They makes these things in 5 sizes, up to 9.5x12. Could be the ultimate beater tarps! But the ones listed here have listed weights that are much heavier. http://www.outdoorproducts.com/Search?x=...

In Gear Deals » Outdoor Products Backpacker Tarp
March 12, 7:39am

Re: Skip the bivy?
The bigger the tarp the less you need the blowing rain protection of a bivy. Tarp set up will vary depending on chances of rain. You lower the tarp and you lose headroom for blowing rain. Bug prote...

In GEAR » Tarp and Bivy Selections...
March 11, 4:14pm

Globe Skimmer Ultralite Tarps
If you want to keep the price cheap with weight reasonable you should check out the Equinox silnylon tarps, available at several places on line. You can get a 8X10 which would allow you to skip the...

In GEAR » Tarp and Bivy Selections...
March 11, 2:29pm

Re: Most Beloved Trail Whisky/Whiskey
Booze Hound

In Chaff » Most Beloved Trail Whisky/Whiskey
March 11, 2:05pm

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why so fast?
March 10, 4:02pm

Facebook
I will only make a comment and promise not to hijack the thread but before you knock Facebook,you should try it. As a 50+ year old I have caught up with a bunch of old friends I would have never fo...

In GEAR » MLD - New 2011 Gear
March 07, 3:23pm

Stay Bending
If the stay is solid aluminum it can be bent. If it is a single stay, which would be my guess, then it runs down the spine, which is the easiest to fit. Over the knee will usually works works for q...

In GEAR » Framesheets v.s. stays
March 06, 7:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeff Hollis

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Black Rock Gear Down Hat
I bought this hat a year ago and it goes on every backpacking trip and cold weather dog walks. My large weighs .9 oz. and warmer than anything close to that weight except maybe another down hat. I...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
December 31, 9:31am

Equinox 8 X 10 silnylon tarp
I have had this for a long time and it has seen at least 30+ nights on the trail. Have used it as sleep shelter and a place to hang out on trail or in camp when it is raining. THE GOOD! Price Wei...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
January 22, 10:49am

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
I have been using the similar RR Eco-Mesh for 10 years or more. Basically same shirt as the Adventure Shirt. It was suggested to me by the departed John O on his forum and he assured me that it was...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
January 20, 4:48pm

Marmot Essence
I own the original version which I believe came with Precip Plus which I think was supposed to be more breathable than regular Precip. I have owned it for about 4 years. It mostly stays in my pack...

In Clothing - Raingear
January 19, 5:19pm