Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hk Newman (hknewman) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western US
About Me Mostly 2 to 3 day loops, with a couple weeklong trips too, likely going 2 weeks or more with upcoming severance. Lightening up but with an eye towards toughness and hiking convenience (secure drying on the trail. quick set up, etc...), maybe better food (and beverage) for most overnights. Then again I might want to do a spartan "fast n'light" overnight ... and the gear closet grows.
I'll update my gear list tomorrow ...
CityThe Gila
StateNM
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListEver changing gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hk Newman

Showing 101 - 110 of 1425 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...143

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Gila "24"
Been going a little crazy with the panorama feature that I cropped the river camp view from. Not a photo trip, I admit, since I only have 2 day weekends until late May.

In Post-Trip Reports » Gila "24"
February 08, 2:11pm

Gila "24"
Starting to make up for lost time using some Hoka Challenger trail-runners after a dislocated toe .. during the last night of 2014 on a beach and canned my California backpack plans, so tested m...

In Post-Trip Reports » Gila "24"
February 08, 1:49pm

On to off road bikes
@Will: no sweat. I'm not about to leave an expensive bike out to get ripped or stripped, ... though cheapos have been targeted too. The featured bikes do look nice. Could flat black paint a ...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » New on-road to off-road adventure bikes
February 08, 1:29pm

WTB: ... MLD
I have a new, never sealed sil gray MLD Cricket as a quick catch and release at the regular price ($175) but no waiting. Nothing wrong, I just want the yellow sil version that is not in stock righ...

In Gear Swap » WTB: MLD Patrol tarp in Sil or Cuben (Or a comparable tarp)
February 08, 1:09pm

Condensation Cuben-fiber
Always great to see an area I've never been. On the condensation, did you open the doors? My Hexamid + was right next to the Gila river and got very little vs. my sil-nylon bivy, a buddy'...

In Fishing » West Canada Lakes Wilderness
February 08, 10:43am

Re: Re: dk shoes
We were talking "hot foot" hot

In GEAR » wearing dark colors in the hot sun?
February 04, 8:42pm

Re: dk shoes
It was a break on an exposed Gila mesa where I could feel the solar heat up my old Vasque lightweights everywhere light mesh wasn't. The ample toe-guard, and brown fuzzy suede. Switched my de...

February 04, 8:41pm

Re: wearing dark colors in the hot sun?
The darker the color, the more sun they tend to absorb. Depends on the solar irradiation of the area you are planning to hike + the season - in southern NM in the hot Memorial Day sun, I couldn...

February 04, 7:06pm

... Sierra Designs Light Year 1
If that's the 1999 double wall version, it may be real tight. The head is asymmetric but tapers off towards the foot. If the adult was small and the kid short ...it would be real tight. The ...

In GEAR » 2 people in a Sierra Designs Light Year 1
February 04, 7:00pm

New lighter on-road to off-road adventure bikes
http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-gear/gear-shed/cycle-life/GT-Grade-Carbon-Ultegra-Review.html PLUS 5 others. Making it possible for having one regular bike that could go off road (non-wi...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » New on-road to off-road adventure bikes
February 04, 10:35am

All Reader Reviews by Hk Newman

Hk Newman has posted no reviews.