Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
StateCA
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 101 - 110 of 1718 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...172

Forum » Thread

WTB Zpacks hexamid solo tent/ six moon designs skyscape x tent. or any other cuben tent that is under 16 ounces
I only posted for informational purposes, please don't take it as an offer to sell. Both my Hex and X had been sold quite a while back. Duane

In Gear Swap » WTB Zpacks hexamid solo tent/ six moon designs skyscape x tent. or any other cuben tent that is under 16 ounces
May 20, 5:31pm

WTB Zpacks hexamid solo tent/ six moon designs skyscape x tent. or any other cuben tent that is under 16 ounces
My Hexamid tent with stakes, poles, lines came to 12.5 oz. Then deduct if you have trekking poles. The new "X" I had, totaled around 19 oz. I believe with the whole shebang. Duane

In Gear Swap » WTB Zpacks hexamid solo tent/ six moon designs skyscape x tent. or any other cuben tent that is under 16 ounces
May 20, 6:51am

Water Resistant Down, especially Allied Down HyperDry -- Personal experiences?
I used my EE Enigma a few weeks ago along the left coast. The bivy I used as my shelter was already wet with dew at 9PM or so. By morning, it had drizzled a little and the inside of the bivy was ...

In GEAR » Water Resistant Down, especially Allied Down HyperDry -- Personal experiences?
May 19, 2:00pm

Taut, Taught, & Taunt Pitches
Foresome of us, id's just ben two long sense we where inn skool. Duane

In GEAR » Taut, Taught, & Taunt Pitches
May 18, 9:57am

Mod
Nice job Ivo. Duane

In GEAR » Hexamid tarp With beak or without.
May 16, 1:57pm

Attaching Snowshoes to Pack
I tie my 'shoes on at the bottom, with the shoes in a vertical position, then use a cord or strap to hold them against the pack. Only extra weight added to the pack may be some cord at the bot...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » No snow to mo' snow gear
May 15, 6:33pm

WTB: Kahtoola Microspikes, newer style, mens M
Looking for a pair of these in the newer style that has more spikes, mens M to go over my 10.5 trail runners. Paypal gift or I can add 3%. hikerduane at aaahawk dot com Duane Any u...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Kahtoola Microspikes, newer style, mens M
May 14, 9:41pm

Hexamid tarp With beak or without
You can angle the pole out a little, which lowers the front and moves it out, at the expense of less headroom on the ends. Up to you. I picked up a Solplex this winter, at my age I figured I want...

In GEAR » Hexamid tarp With beak or without.
May 14, 8:48pm

Tent geometry
Yeah, yeah, yeah. :) I tinkered a little, like my TT Squall, they work best on squared off ground. I messed with it a little, just a test to see how it all looked. Seemed easier to set up then ...

In GEAR » ZPacks SolPlex - Photo Review
May 13, 2:05pm

actual weight?
Thanks John. Mine with next, lighter weight cuben floor, 8 stakes, line and the two poles comes in at about 19 oz. I've only set it up once to see what it would be like. Great weather protec...

In GEAR » ZPacks SolPlex - Photo Review
May 12, 8:44pm

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.