Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dan Magdoff (highsierraguy) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me Dan Magdoff has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Francisco
StateCA
CountryUS
My PDF Gear Listupdated gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dan Magdoff

Showing 101 - 110 of 461 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...47

Forum » Thread

Sleeping pad for dogs
Hey all Any reccomendations for a sleeping pad for dogs? I have anywhere from 1-3 dogs with me backpacking. Not sure if I should just get one full length pad for them to share, or to get sever...

In GEAR » Sleeping pad for dogs
March 29, 12:09am

early trips
Ya...check out Emigrant. 4-6 inches isn't too bad, depending on the base pack already there. Trinity Alps, as mentioned is also a good spot, but definitely check out the conditions before han...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Longer sierra nevada treks early in the season.
March 28, 12:36am

Nemo Duo
Also...do two different pads work well together in the Duo, or do they need to be the same?

In GEAR » Recommendation for a new sleeping bag
March 27, 6:21pm

MTR resupply buckets
I work at MTR every summer, and we recommend that people don't plan on relying on our donation resupply buckets for their own resupplies. Every now and then, we have very little donations, or ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Resupply points on the JMT with distance from trailhead?
March 27, 4:46am

nemo tango Duo 30
Any thoughts on the Nemo Tango Duo 30? Although its a little bulky and heavy, you only need to carry the one bag instead of two. Its not rated for very cold temps (down into low 20s or teens), ...

March 27, 4:39am

Emigrant WIlderness
Check out the Emigrant Wilderness. That wilderness area is typicaly open and pretty accesable in the early season. I have done some trips there in early May and have had to deal with very little ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Early sierra trip...
March 21, 3:12am

Re: Sleeping Bags FOR WOMEN
Thanks for all the great insite. I think I am gonna look into a Western Mountaineering or Montbell bag. DO either of these make women specific bags? I was looking on their websites and didnt see...

March 20, 7:54pm

sleeping bags
Are there any sleeping bags besdies Montbell, that anyone would recommend? Looking at Montbell, it seems there are a lot of choices. Opnions between the 650, 800 and 900?

March 20, 6:40am

bag recommendations
I was more looking for input on which bag is a good one. I was maybe thinking something from Montbell?

March 20, 4:56am

zipping bags
Are you saying to get bags that have opposite zippers so that they can be zipped together? If thats the case, I use a quilt...so I dont think that will work too well...

March 20, 4:51am

All Reader Reviews by Dan Magdoff

Dan Magdoff has posted no reviews.