BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 101 - 110 of 5004 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...501

Forum » Thread

Re: food
ProBar Meal Expensive, but they do the trick. There is enough variety to keep you interested A downside to ProBar Meals is their size - at 3 ounces and 360 calories of fruit and nuts on-th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » food
July 05, 7:38am

Belief versus Facts
"Do Americans understand the scientific consensus about issues like climate change and evolution? "At least for a substantial portion of the public, it seems like the answer is no. Th...

In Chaff » Belief versus Facts
July 05, 7:26am

Re: Re: Science-based design for the Appalachian Trail
Every trail out there needs works. Regardless of what smoke and mirrors were employed, the survey will be invaluable to the planers and the folks with the shovels. Kudos.

In On the Web » Science-based design for the Appalachian Trail
July 04, 6:23pm

Re: Re: Re: Cold sleeper gets FROZEN toes at night looking for UL but warm socks
I'm a cold sleeper. A 10°F bag is about right for a 25°F night. If none of the above works, try it without socks, but with a puffy garment down there, so the heat of both feet warms a smal...

In GEAR » Cold sleeper gets FROZEN toes at night looking for UL but warm socks
July 04, 7:20am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ***WARNING***Lady Stuff--DivaCup Questions***WARNING***
(I'm hoping to learn why a Diva is better than a sponge, but I'm to shy to ask.)

In GEAR » ***WARNING***Lady Stuff--DivaCup Questions***WARNING***
July 03, 9:02pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: ***WARNING***Lady Stuff--DivaCup Questions***WARNING***
Good. I'm glad you're back. ;-)

July 03, 9:01pm

Re: Re: ***WARNING***Lady Stuff--DivaCup Questions***WARNING***
This is probably the only place in any of the backpacking forums that this discussion could take place. If we can talk about "naughty spots" (are you kidding me?), crack rash, and no...

July 03, 8:39pm

Re: Re: Boat Pics: 2 CanoeYaks
Beautiful Indeed! Works of Art. And that you are willing and able to take them into the woods is outstanding.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Kayak Question
July 03, 7:10pm

Re: Re: Treading lightly
"The company I work for are moving 400 of us poor minions in to a new building and decided everyone will get an extdendable desk we can either sit or stand at." Running in place (and...

In Other Activities » Treading lightly
July 03, 6:41pm

Re: Re: Questions about cold
Marmot is EN rated. See Bradoford's post above.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Questions about cold
July 03, 6:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm