Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 101 - 110 of 1463 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...147

Forum » Thread

My two and a half cents
I apologize in advance for what may appear to be a very blunt reply. First, I would say that your gear list looks a lot like a very experienced UL hikers list which is what has me concerned. Ma...

In Gear Lists » First time hiker going straight for an AT thru hike.
December 25, 7:32am

PCT Plan
What is your expected daily mileage or better yet, when do you expect to get to Kennedy Meadows? The reason I ask is that you are starting fairly late and unless you are planning on doing major mi...

In Gear Lists » PCT 2014
December 23, 3:52pm

Feet growth
This is one the hottest debated topics with thru hikers. Here is where I came out. For folks with significant miles under there belt, there wouldn't be foot growth. Many relatively new hiker...

In Philosophy & Technique » Long distance thru hikes and feet growth / swelling
December 23, 6:30am

.74 cuben
I have found the .74 cuben to be the perfect balance of weight and durability. I had no issue taping it, in fact it was surprisingly easy. My last project was a shelter and I sewed the zipper on,...

In Make Your Own Gear » working with cuben fiber
December 18, 7:24pm

Trail runners
I normally will wear Wrightsocks with trail runner is anything down to mid twenties. I have used Cascadias, Salomon and many, many pairs of LaSportiva wildcats, you weren't very specific on th...

In GEAR » Trail Runners and Snow
December 18, 5:27am

Re: Are pants really necessary on the PCT?
"Necessary? The answer depends on how tough you are. Pants Pros: - sun protection without greasy sunscreen which sucks up trail dirt like a sponge - abrasion protection (lots of trailsi...

In GEAR » Are pants really necessary on the PCT?
December 17, 3:34pm

Great trail run
I just finished one of my favorite trail runs ever. It wasn't the longest, fastest or even in the coolest area. I headed out to the AT, about a half hour from my house. I arrived at 6:30 and...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual BPL Spring Run -Zion Training Thread
December 16, 7:09pm

I'm green with envy
Pretty much holed up here in PA with the snow. Had some knee issues with both knees over the last couple of weeks, likely overtraining a bit. Easing back in and pushing to pain threshold. Will up...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual BPL Spring Run -Zion Training Thread
December 15, 8:13pm

Re: Re: Bataan March New Mexico advice
Agree with Eugene. If you are properly trained then you could run or hike that distance with little effort. I would focus on the training and Eugene's list is pretty close.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bataan March New Mexico advice
December 15, 8:07pm

Snow routes
To build on the comment above.....I could tell going through the Sierra that most folks were using a PCT track or Halfmiles waypoints. I saw three strategies. 1) attempt to follow the trail exact...

In GEAR » GPS for early PCT
December 15, 9:31am

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.