BPL Community Profile

George Geist (geist) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Smoky Mountains
About Me George Geist has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by George Geist

Showing 101 - 110 of 163 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Forum » Thread

Re: emergency blanket (ground cloth) + pool float (sleeping pad) ?
> in theory shouldn't the heat that passes through the pool float be reflected off the emergency blanket and back onto the person? Hi Nick, The plastic in the pool float actually block...

In Make Your Own Gear » emergency blanket (ground cloth) + pool float (sleeping pad) ?
February 14, 9:00pm

Re: Using Amsteel Blue Rope For Bear Bags
> Anyone have any suggestions on how to handle/wrap/store this thin rope so as to avoid tangles? Hi Richard, Try just stuffing the rope in the small stuff sack. I found that if the rope ...

In Philmont » Philmont bearbagging
February 14, 8:38pm

Re: Walmart (outdoor products brand) 2L hydration bladder weight?
> Anybody got a weight on this item? The bladder weighs 95 grams The hose weighs an additional 65 grams Despite abuse, I have had no trouble with the bladder leaking, but I have had a h...

In GEAR » Walmart (outdoor products brand) 2L hydration bladder weight?
February 10, 9:00pm

Re: Food Prep
> What I would not recommend are turkey bags or especially > trying to rehydrate the food in the foil packages. > The bags are too small to add water to with all the > food insid...

In Philmont » Philmont Food
January 31, 10:12pm

Re: Sharpening
> are we putting the knife edge into the stone, or scraping it away from the stone Hi Konrad, You move the knife edge into the stone with light pressure. Al

In GEAR » knife sharpening input needed
January 29, 4:32pm

Re: Okay ... I confess I carry a digital camera
> I don't understand why anyone would need a system to > recharge electrical equipment, or why they even need the > electrical equipment. Okay... I confess I do carry a > digi...

In GEAR » Solar solution to recharge laptop, please help.
January 13, 7:11pm

Re: Compact Solar charger
> Al, where did you get that clamshell solar panel? I got it a few years ago on clearance when I was doing a bunch of solar charger MYOG experiments. I gutted the insides and kept the panels ...

January 13, 6:47pm

Re: re large commercial solar cells
> The most viable place is on top of your pack. > There is has the best chance of seeing some direct sunlight Hi Roger, While agree with your statement that the top of the pack is th...

January 13, 11:35am

Compact Solar charger
The design goal of my Compact Solar Charger project was to be able to fully charge two AA 2500mAh NiMH batteries in a single day of sunlight. These AA batteries can then be used to keep a GPS charg...

January 12, 7:40pm

Re: Solar solution to recharge laptop, please help.
I couldn't find a commercial solar charger that could fully recharge my GPS every day (that wasn't heavy and bulky). So built my own http://www.csm.ornl.gov/~geist/Philmont/ It kept everyt...

January 11, 6:20am

All Reader Reviews by George Geist

George Geist has posted no reviews.