Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Frank Perkins (fperkins) - BPL Guest

My Locale North East
About Me Click on my website to my gear list: http://www.fperkins.com/backpacking/my-ultralight-backpacking-gear-list.php
StateConnecticut
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/67xjoa
My PDF Gear List3 season gear list.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Frank Perkins

Showing 101 - 110 of 295 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...30

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: whole wheat or low carb tortillas
I had purchased some low carb tortillas recently and I thought they were horrible. Even while gently heated in a saute pan, they still maintained the consistency of cardboard. IMO, not worth the ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » High Calorie crackers or other tortilla alternative?
March 14, 9:34am

Re: Weight of anorak
I have never considered North Face a SUL company. How is it that they can come out with a seemingly impossible sub 6 ounce rain shell? Before the anorak, options were OR zealot or SD Isotope or &...

In GEAR » North Face 5.4oz waterproof w/hood
March 14, 6:46am

Re: Grand Canyon Packrafting
What a great article. Great work on photo slide show as well. Any plans for posting your gear lists?

In Editor's Roundtable » Grand Canyon Packrafting
March 13, 7:09pm

Re: High Calorie crackers or other tortilla alternative?
I have never tried this, but what about replacing your tortilla with pringles? Extreme Cheddar pringles: Serving Size 1 Ounce (28 g, approx. 15 crisps) Servings Per Container approx. 6 Amount...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » High Calorie crackers or other tortilla alternative?
March 13, 6:36pm

Re: When have you gone too light haiku?
Small stream on way in Raving river on way back McCandless like?

In Philosophy & Technique » When have you gone too light?
March 13, 5:33pm

Re: triumph anorak
I just my NG Adventure magazine issue and the first 2 pages are a full page ads for the Triumph Anorak. The website is http://triumphanorak.thenorthface.com but the link doesn't work yet.

In GEAR » North Face 5.4oz waterproof w/hood
March 06, 3:17pm

Re: Quality Gear stores in the North East
Thanks for the info all, but I still don't think they match a backcountry, backcountrygear, prolitegear or a moosejaw. Looks like I need a business trip out west.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Quality Gear stores in the North East
February 24, 4:58pm

Re: Re: wait for the AGPs!
Thanks for posting that Eric, I totally missed the part about the spare expander in the handle. I had to go back and read the instructions again. This is from someone that has a think geek RTFM ...

In GEAR » Adjustable carbon fiber poles?
February 24, 12:53pm

Quality Gear stores in the North East
Can anyone recommend a gear store in the North East that sells GoLite, Montbell, Smartwool, OR, WM, etc brands? Most of the stores by me either sell their own brand [EMS brand] or North face. I...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Quality Gear stores in the North East
February 23, 7:54am

Re: Re: How light is light enough?
Thanks Steve, I updated my post above. [offtopic] It takes a real man to admit to bring a pillow and a monocular! ;-) Hrm... you do have guts for going with the ARC A.T. quilt though... I ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How light is light enough?
February 22, 2:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Frank Perkins

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Patagonia
My R1 hoody stitching started to fall apart and they took back the old one and sent me a brand new one. I also had a rip in my micropuff vest when my waist cinch cord ripped out. Again, no proble...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 15, 7:53pm

Backcountry.com
Never had an issue with them so they get a 5

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 08, 1:08pm

Taco Bell Spork
I recently used the TacoHell spork on a recent 3 person trip. I had titanium spoon, but my brother and cousin did not and this was a free and light alternative. Unfortunately, two of the sporks brok...

In Cookware - Other
January 08, 12:41pm