BPL Community Profile

peter vacco (fluff@inreach.com) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale no. california
About Me i walk quite a bit, and probably carry too much. up to a point though, i sort of Like carrying too much.
Citysacramento
Statecalifornia
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by peter vacco

Showing 101 - 110 of 554 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...56

Forum » Thread

Re: Metallury help needed for a MYOG Flash 30
do we really want the frame equal stiffness in all directions (as with tubing) ? or, can it be flat stock that's easy to work and fun to weld ? if not actaully needing to keep things in a har...

In Make Your Own Gear » Metallury help needed for a MYOG Flash 30
November 08, 9:21am

Re: Polartec Power dry high efficiency baselayer fabric???
balaclavas. make balaclavas for your friends and such. is easy, fun, and by the time you've sewn about 30 of them, you'll have the pattern right.

In Make Your Own Gear » Polartec Power dry high efficiency baselayer fabric???
November 08, 9:09am

Re: Best time of year to hike the Lost Coast?
i have heard the Usal beach area is/was party spot central for the younger set of that area. consider that crime and the drug mobs/gangs have overtaken much of that area of the state, and it may b...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best time of year to hike the Lost Coast?
November 07, 6:32am

Re: Loose or regular fitting wool tshirt
+1 on Minus 33. additionally, they are the only ones making a Zip-T in a short sleeve with a proper collar.

In GEAR » Loose or regular fitting wool tshirt
November 04, 4:01pm

Re: Extreme cold weather clothing systems and other related issues
as pertains to northern alaksa trips and when to start : if you are there when it's all frozen, that's cool. if you are there when it's all melted, that's cool too. there is a very ...

In Winter Hiking » Extreme cold weather clothing systems and other related issues
November 04, 9:32am

Re: Re: Re: What else could you bring?
" Found a +20 degree quality down bag was warmer in the long run than a cheap -20 degree synthetic for multiday winter trips." oh yes. syn insulation seems to work "ok" , but...

In GEAR » Western Mountaineering on water resistant down and Pertex fabric
November 01, 7:04pm

Re: Crazy winter hiking dream
yes. crazy dream. is a nobel goal though. but as put so thoroughly, a strong lack of experience and absolutely necessary skills. if one wants what the master has, one must do what the master d...

In Winter Hiking » Crazy winter hiking dream
November 01, 5:08pm

Re: Backpacking With A Thermometer
nice write up . in my walks i have found that there can be as much as a 6° night time differential inside to outside even with a mostly netting inner tent. and that my feet go numb at 56° temp...

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking With A Thermometer
October 30, 11:49am

Re: Ice Axe Shaft Only?
have i not seen ski poles with self-arrest hooks built into the handles ? i think i have. if you carry poles, then heck, you might as well have ones with some asswhip hooks on them. there have bee...

In GEAR » Ice Axe Shaft Only?
October 29, 6:07am

Re: Re: 5 Fingers?
if feet get wet in snow, such as fording a creek, does not the snow just blot up/off the water in a few minutes. assuming it's not nasty cold, and you're not near dead in the first place,...

In GEAR » Snowshoes for use with light shoes
October 28, 1:53pm

All Reader Reviews by peter vacco

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hilleberg Akto
all that you will read about how wonderful akto is seems to be true. also true is that for it to be habitable in all but the chillyest weather, it Desperately Needs a window in the door. the unna is i...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 17, 10:15pm