BPL Community Profile

peter vacco (fluff@inreach.com) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale no. california
About Me i walk quite a bit, and probably carry too much. up to a point though, i sort of Like carrying too much.
Citysacramento
Statecalifornia
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by peter vacco

Showing 101 - 110 of 593 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...60

Forum » Thread

wanted : Hilleberg Akto, in Red
peter's worn out his akto, and about to pull the trigger on a new one. so, i thought i'd start here first. this be what we're in heat for Hillberg Akto : Red. it's gott'...

In Gear Swap » wanted : Hilleberg Akto, in Red
January 12, 3:43pm

Re: How do I avoid heelslip in walking Joggers when 0,5 size bigger before feet expand
" Roger Caffin (and others) suggest wearing joggers (trainers/running shoes) which are a bit larger than your normal size for hiking: " heck, he more or less Demands it ! even if you ...

In GEAR » How do I avoid heelslip in walking Joggers when 0,5 size bigger before feet expand
January 03, 7:35am

Re: Jock itch and wool boxer briefs..
i like the under armour boxer briefs. they must , of course, be washed regularly. a day or two is more than enough to warrant washing. redness in the southern hemisphere is a call to arms, and to...

In GEAR » Jock itch and wool boxer briefs..
December 29, 9:46am

Re: Hiking in Southern California in February... difficulty: must be warm
" She wants to go somewhere in February, but insists that it must be warm. " it's not like she's a wife, where you can swap them out for something better. this is your Mom, and...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Hiking in Southern California in February... difficulty: must be warm
December 29, 9:12am

the problem with Paul ...
" I'm not so sure. Having done 16 days at 1.5 lbs/day," here's the scoop, we're not hiking in washington, so there's no "off budget" weight. it ALL seems to b...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Longest ultraight BP w/o replenishing?
December 21, 9:18am

Re: Re: Longest ultraight BP w/o replenishing?
" at 1.75 lbs/day, that's 20-23 days. " and at 1.75 lbs/day over any length of time worth going out for, you'll be back early too ! the weight vs miles equation is one of th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Longest ultraight BP w/o replenishing?
December 19, 8:21pm

ultraight BP w/o replenishing .. Not
here's how Not to do it. sans major ul efforts other than the usual sewing of stuff sacks and such trickery, using conventional gear (with raft) and a stout food load is good for about 3 hap...

December 19, 7:08am

Re: Lightweight multi-use grill
" This wire obviously has many other uses but as a grill it is great. " Yes ! that is just SO the-way-to-do it. i carry it anyway to hang the pot and other stuff. i'm stealing yo...

In GEAR » Ultralight grill for fish, tortillas, sausages, etc.
December 17, 7:29pm

Re: Yosemite in December
oops.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Yosemite in December
December 16, 10:57am

Thank You Gentlemen.
thank you for your insights. i knew something was amiss in my perfect world of stellar navigation. i mean, i hit where i'm aiming, but it's not really the laser-like precision we'd hope...

In GEAR » GPS data vs Compass Declination
December 15, 9:31am

All Reader Reviews by peter vacco

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hilleberg Akto
all that you will read about how wonderful akto is seems to be true. also true is that for it to be habitable in all but the chillyest weather, it Desperately Needs a window in the door. the unna is i...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 17, 10:15pm