BPL Community Profile

mark henley (flash582) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale mark henley hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me mark henley has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListMarks 3 lb list - Good down to 40 degrees

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by mark henley

Showing 101 - 110 of 461 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...47

Forum » Thread

Re: Freedom of the blog
I disagree .... "Courtesy is monitored in the other forums. In this one, you may need some thick skin to play with the big dogs." I don't see where courtesy is monitored in the ...

In Chaff » Does anyone actually think that industrial civilization is sustainable?
July 06, 9:49pm

24 hours of protection
.....When confusion is caused, a lot of things happen. The confuser needs to shoulder responsibility.... Pretty harsh words, don't you think?

In Make Your Own Gear » Clothing repellent
July 06, 9:36pm

Large Quilts
Jacks R better carry a whole line of large quilts ... up to 64 inches. Also ... Nunatak will custom make your quilt to whatever width you want.

In GEAR » Debunking the Myth: Quilts AREN’T as Comfortable as a Sleeping Bag
July 06, 9:34pm

Quilts are the only way to go for larger hikers
A 59 inch girth just doesn't work for some of us. My girth around my shoulders and arms is 60 inches. An ultra 20 is 21 ounces in a long ..... pushing the same temps with a bag requires more th...

In GEAR » Debunking the Myth: Quilts AREN’T as Comfortable as a Sleeping Bag
July 05, 7:26pm

less than an ounce coffee mug.
You can cut down the can to the same height as the cozy for a real simple fix .... then only the cozy touches your lip.

In Make Your Own Gear » Very fun project .... less than an ounce coffee mug.
June 30, 7:32pm

16 lb gear list
The extra clothes, the Thermarest and the Bivy account for 6 lbs. Dump the extra clothes for a pair of zipoffs and a insulated jacket only, switch to a gatewood cape with no bivy, and go to a fo...

In Gear Lists » Trying to lighten- proposed 16 pound gear list
June 30, 7:28pm

SUL quilt
A great looking quilt! What was your source for the silk?

In Make Your Own Gear » SUL Quilt Project Finished!
June 29, 9:46pm

Re: velcro to stop bag/mat from slipping?
half of a 1/8 inch thinlight pad will keep everything in place .... for about 0.7 ounces. Just put it under your other pad

In GEAR » velcro to stop bag/mat from slipping?
June 27, 9:31am

Potato sack bug netting
Brawny used to carry a product like this at Dancing Light Gear, before they went out of business. I bought one but found that since I toss and turn a lot at night the bug net kept getting twisted u...

In GEAR » velcro to stop bag/mat from slipping?
June 27, 9:29am

FS ULA Amp
Post Deleted

In Gear Swap » FS ULA Amp
June 27, 8:37am

All Reader Reviews by mark henley

Showing 1 - 9 of 9 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Snow Peak 600
This cup is big enough to cook in for a solo person, a huge cup of java, or it's great for just boiling water. I use a piece of simple foil for a lid and it works amazingly well on a Snowpeak Giga...

In Cookware - Titanium
February 22, 8:34am

Thru-hiker Liberty Ridge Shell
I have made a few sewing projects, several quilts, and about a zillion stuff sacks, but this was the first time I attempted a piece of clothing. The pattern that AYCE provides is very well thought ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
February 22, 8:29am

White Box Alcohol Stove
This little stove ROCKS! I'm in agreement that it needs a primer pan, but other than that, I actually melted my windscreen when it got too close to the cup. It's like firing up a blowto...

In Stoves - Alcohol
February 22, 8:23am

Muscle Milk Cookies and Cream
For years I've heard hikers talk about carrying a protein suplement along on trips to ensure that they don't sacrifice muscle while hiking. Most people who have ever tried a protein powdere...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
February 21, 2:51pm

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
15 ounces of pure, 2.5 inch thick, heavenly sleeping bliss. I have a Max Compact, several thermarests, a Full length Max thermo, and several types of closed cell pads in my gear closet. This is withou...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
February 21, 2:41pm

Gregory G pack
I bought two of these packs, one for myself and one for my wife. After two years of use the packs have held up well, but we have both found that the load rating is VERY optimistic ... The pack beco...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
January 03, 2:27pm

Montbell Super Stretch Down Hugger #3
I've been backpacking seriously for about 4 years now, not including my Scouting days of yesteryear. This is my first Down bag as I've always used synthetics in the past. I've used the bag...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
January 03, 2:21pm

Sawyer In-Line Filter
This Filter weighs in at 2 oz and once installed it has a very small impact on flow rate from the hydration tube/bite valve. I'm using it in conjunction with a Platypus hydration setup and you get...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 03, 2:12pm

Ray Way quilt one person - standard
Fantastic instructions ... I had never used a sewing machine before. I ordered the Ray Way stow bag kit and made it as my first project. The Quilt was a great second project. The instructions were ...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
January 04, 3:09pm