Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Michael Febbo (febbom) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Michael Febbo hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Michael Febbo has not added a biography yet.
CityDelaware Water Gap
StatePA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Febbo

Showing 101 - 110 of 254 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...26

Forum » Thread

WM details...
Tom has good advice- I had both the WM Versalite and now own the Microfiber Antelope. They are essentially the same bag, just with different shells and ounces of down (same cut and design). For tem...

In GEAR » Sleeping Bag Research
March 21, 7:27pm

ninjaclava
+2 on the OR Ninjaclava- it regulates perfectly as I can cover everything but my eyes, pull it under the chin without feeling as if I am being strangled, or push it up as a hat. I wear it all win...

In GEAR » balaclavas
March 16, 1:11pm

No problems
The only issue I have had with a down bag in the humid East has been some noticeable deflation of a Marmot Helium EQ after a week on the Long Trail... I believe that the shell fabric was simply not...

In GEAR » Eastern US- synthetic sleeping bags?
February 24, 8:03pm

Uberlight sacks
Ben, I loved the Air Sacks as well, but the Uberlight Drysacks look fantastic. Pricey, but I have always liked the rectangular shape.

In GEAR » 2010 Granite Gear Catalogue
February 02, 1:38pm

Here's a rant
Generally, I find Outside reviews to be little more than marketing blurbs. They also tend to be geared for skiing, so I have little use for them. The reviews of the few items of interest to me (Na...

In GEAR » Top Apparel - Outside Buyers Guide Winter 2010 | Outside Online
February 02, 1:23pm

guide systems
If, like me, you can not freehand sharpen an edge that needs more than a good stropping, you might want to look into the guide systems. Lanksy is a cheap one that can work if you are careful, with ...

In GEAR » knife sharpening input needed
January 28, 5:34pm

Micropuff baggier
I have the older Hooded Mircopuff and DAS with the Delta fill, both in medium. Perhaps they have changed the sizing, but my Mircopuff is significantly baggier in fit when compared to the DAS. I ...

In GEAR » Sizing the DAS parka
January 15, 10:53am

my approach
I carry separate rock shoes if the trip involves a long approach and I will be leading 5th class rock (if I am following easy 5th, I can wear approach shoes and hang if needed). Think a hike into C...

In GEAR » Rock and snow climbing shoes - two pair?
January 09, 6:05pm

Powerstretch and Powerdry together.
Over the past 3 days I have worn Patagonia R .5 tights (Powerdry) under REI Powerstretch tights, under Mammut Champ pants (Schoeller Dryskin Extreme) for ice climbing in the Catskills and Adriondac...

In GEAR » Baselayer comparison: Polartec Powerdry v. Powerstretch
January 05, 9:56am

comarisons
Terry, This is a bit dated, but has some comparative data. http://www.verber.com/mark/outdoors/stash/patagonia-testing.html I have used Powershield and Powershield Light (gamma Mx) and find th...

In GEAR » Help me choose a softshell jacket
January 03, 5:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael Febbo

Michael Febbo has posted no reviews.