Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Michael Febbo (febbom) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Michael Febbo hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Michael Febbo has not added a biography yet.
CityDelaware Water Gap
StatePA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Febbo

Showing 101 - 110 of 264 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...27

Forum » Thread

pics?
Show it off- more pics! So this is a non-bayonet version? How well does the guide harness get weight off the shoulders (no load lifters right?). Please do a review, especially if using it wit...

In GEAR » New Mchale
May 20, 5:57pm

down collar
The Helium does not have a draft collar but does utilize a down "face muff" that effectively seals the hood opening. I like it... Is the WM worth the extra 100? Not sure... the quality...

In GEAR » Marmot Helium
May 19, 2:02pm

UL rack
Nice! Am I seeing the old style BD Hotwires and Camp Nano's? What are you going to use for slings- Mammut Contact?

In GEAR » Climbing Rack
May 17, 2:32pm

these?
Here are two options: http://www.downworks.com/downworks/Balaclava.html http://katabaticgear.com/shop/category/hoods/ Also, Nunatak and JRB...

In GEAR » down hood?
May 04, 3:30pm

one pack or two
I'm very impressed if you could get a 6 day trip with full climbing gear down to 45 pounds... Of the packs you cited, I'd drop the Granite gear and get a Cilogear NWD 20 at 8 ounces, or...

In GEAR » Pack for backpacking AND climbing?
April 22, 5:00pm

WM
I can only comment on the Antelope- you don't need any extra fill for it to be a reliable zero degree bag. I use a long version in Northeast winters, and it is very well filled (2lbs 10ounces i...

In GEAR » 0 down bags
April 18, 3:46pm

a review...
I assumed you were following the Ebay auction for the Whittaker, which is why I did not recommend other packs (nothing else comes close to the price, and you can return it). In case you have not...

In GEAR » Jansport Pack Question.
April 07, 8:07pm

experience with similar pack
I do not have the Whittaker, but do have a Jansport Endeavor Pro 8000 that uses the same suspension and similar materials. The only real differences are some features (pockets, attachment points) a...

In GEAR » Jansport Pack Question.
April 07, 4:47pm

posterboard
A piece of posterboard folded in half and taped- just enough to cover the blade. Then store the knife in your pack where it won't be jostled too much. I think the problem may be that people ...

In GEAR » Knives - It's the sheath that weighs
March 31, 11:40pm

My system
Yes, if you roll with the bag you can prevent breathing into the hood (to a degree at least, I always tend to cover my nose/mouth regardless). Here is what I do: for winter I use a thicker, more...

In GEAR » wetting out a down bag
March 25, 10:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael Febbo

Michael Febbo has posted no reviews.