Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Eric Noble (ericnoble) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Colorado Rockies
About Me I'm 45 years old, 6'4" and 195 lbs. I've backpacked in the Colorado Rockies, the Wasatch and Uinta mountains, and in Zions National Park. I mountain bike in the Colorado Rockies. I've kayaked in Yellowstone and on Flaming Gorge, and rafted the Green, Colorado and Snake rivers. My trips are usually a week long or less. I love to hike wherever I can. I'm an Assistant Scout Master and I'm often out with the Scouts. My immediate goal is to thru-hike the Colorado trail. I've lived in Utah, Ohio, Illinois, Argentina, California, and Colorado.
CityAurora
StateColorado
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Eric Noble

Showing 101 - 110 of 490 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...49

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Code analysis action
I haven't run the latest update yet. Something changed...I went to Montbell's site at home and at work and it now works when it didn't before and neither of my machines have changed. So...

In GEAR » New montbell site
April 23, 11:34am

Re: Code analysis action
I just went to the Montbell site using Safari and the tabs appeared and worked. I'll betcha someone really appreciated David's code!

In GEAR » New montbell site
April 23, 8:51am

Re: NOLS
I'm also happy Ryan jumped into this site with both feet! It is too bad some of us are lighting tinder between his toes. I've been silently following this thread because I feel I have far m...

In Editor's Roundtable » Is National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS) Ready to Go Light?
April 21, 10:40pm

Re: SD Origami
Mandy, there are two way I deal with bugs. One is a good shelter such as the Hennessy Hammock I use. It's the most impervious shelter to bugs and varmints I know of. The other is the clothing y...

In GEAR » Sierra Designs Origami 2 Ultralight
April 21, 9:42pm

Re: Re: ?Primaloft durability question?
Richard, thanks for the Mars Space Suit link! It was very interesting. I did a google search to see who might be using the 4DG fiber for insulation in garments and didn't find any thing. Certai...

In GEAR » Synthetic Fill
April 21, 9:26pm

Re: Quick question - reapiring sleeping bag rip
Emma, don't feel bad. I did the same thing removing the tags on my bag. The hole in mine is small enough that I haven't repaired it yet. The McNett Seam Grip is a great idea that I will hav...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Quick question - reapiring sleeping bag rip
April 20, 10:45am

Re: Re: sick cyclists
Christopher, I think my wife was at the Cherry Creek Reservoir at the same time as your time trial. She mentioned a "race" and that she was lapped at least once by some of the riders. She...

In GEAR » Nunatak ARC A.T and Skaha Plus
April 19, 4:58pm

Re: Smartwool Microweight T-Shirt
I just picked up a Qu T from Ibex and though I haven't had a chance to really use it, I can already tell that I'm going to love it. I've been using their 17.5 polos for years. Sorry my ...

In GEAR » Smartwool Microweight T-Shirt
April 18, 9:47am

Re: Re: re:It's New style stove!
Yukiosan, thanks for the recent picture! It answers a number of questions I had, though I still have a few. What material is the fuel line tube made of? I'm surprised that it stays attached to ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sub 100g Liquid feed canister stove
April 18, 9:09am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Anybody?
Doug, that continuum would be great to see! In my experience the Houdini is definitely more breathable than the Monbell UL and I think it is more water resistant as well. I'll have to do a more...

In GEAR » Most Breathable Sub-6oz Wind Shirt W/ Hood?
April 16, 3:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Eric Noble

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Ibex 17.5 Polo
DESCRIPTION: For when a T-shirt is simply not enough of a statement, we offer class...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
April 22, 12:10pm

Ibex Climawool Glove
Here's the slightly edited description and specs from the Ibex web site. ...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
March 22, 10:00am

Ibex Hooded Shak
This is the perfect base layer for downhill skiing. The versatility of a hoody with thumb sleeves is unmatched. Hooded Shak

February 08, 10:36am

Thru-Hiker.com
I ordered a 5.5" x 7.5" sheet of 0.016 inch 6Al4V titanium from Thru-Hiker. This is a custom size not shown on the website. Talking with Ayce was a pleasure and quite helpful in completing my project....

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:52am

Smartwool Shadow Hoody
The Smartwool Shadow hoody is essentially a Smartwool Zip-T with a hood and cuff thumb holes. The fabric weight of the two garments is the same, 195g. My size large weighs 12.7 ounces on my scale. As ...

November 02, 6:24pm