BPL Community Profile

Tohru Ohnuki (erdferkel) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale S. California
About Me Tohru Ohnuki has not added a biography yet.
CityLos Angeles
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tohru Ohnuki

Showing 101 - 110 of 285 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...29

Forum » Thread

MYOG Suter testing
The official ones look expensive, but it seems like you could make one with a piece of pvc standpipe somewhat like this: SPOT testing at equipped.com 3000 mmH2O is ~10 feetH2O so not too tall...

In Make Your Own Gear » American Silnylon not Acceptable?
February 09, 1:08pm

Re: Mineral King
We were there last fall and didn't seem to have that problem. Maybe the young marmots are not carrying on the traditions of their forbears. They probably drink four loco instead of antifreeze a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mineral King
February 03, 12:51pm

Re: re: containers for fuel alcohol
I have this trick: at the bottle shelf, squeeze the air out of a bunch of them and screw the caps on tight. Go wander around REI and look at other stuff for a while. Come back and any bottles that ...

In GEAR » containers for fuel alcohol
February 03, 12:42pm

Re: Making a knife
I would check out the kits from Ragnar: Knife blades and kits from Ragnar

In Make Your Own Gear » Making a knife
February 01, 4:45pm

Re: Did I just get told to swallow?
Most toothpastes contain sodium fluoride and triclosan, both of which are probably best not consumed. Baking soda is safe, as BG mentioned it's used for baking and as an antacid, but it has a l...

In Make Your Own Gear » Toothpaste dots
January 31, 5:06pm

Re: Mini droppers - used these?
I've been using 1oz bottles from an art store that are similar to those for soap and sunblock etc. A bit more expensive (since it's retail) but more convenient and no shipping cost.

In GEAR » Mini droppers - used these?
January 31, 4:57pm

Re: add-on hipbelt pocket choices...
I have the gossamer gear ones and I like them. I have two on my multi day pack and one on my lumbar pack. One complaint I would have is that they're meant to be attached by velcro to GG pack be...

In GEAR » add-on hipbelt pocket choices...
January 27, 1:16am

Re: Harmony House Backpacking Kit??
I've been making my own freezedried meals from this, yeah, just try it out and you can always add more hot water if it's dry or it's soup if you put in too much. Carry salt and other sp...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Harmony House Backpacking Kit??
January 18, 6:06pm

Re: New to digital...A few questions.
I would say that starting with the lumix for lightweight backpacking is a fine, it's what I have. For postprocessing i've been trying out Lightzone from Lightcrafts. It runs on all major pl...

In Photography » New to digital...A few questions.
January 04, 3:13pm

Re: thread tension??? I think???
Make sure the needle is all the way up in the needle holder and make sure it's a new needle or that it's sharp with no burrs. I've been burnt by that a few times.

In Make Your Own Gear » thread tension??? I think???
December 21, 2:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Tohru Ohnuki

Tohru Ohnuki has posted no reviews.