Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Erik Danielsen (er1kksen) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale The Western Door
About Me Living and working between adventures. So far those have included the Andes, the Adirondacks, the nooks and crannies of WNY, and being a not-quite-UL wanderer all over the east coast.
CityFredonia
StateNY
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListOld Disorganized Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Erik Danielsen

Showing 101 - 110 of 172 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

Go for it
You've essentially described my main 3-season pad. It consists of 4 sections cut to about 10"x24", though I went with duct tape (the cheap option) to attach them so that they fold acc...

In GEAR » Flattening and trimming a rolled pad
January 08, 10:26pm

Not the Gatewood
Since the gatewood cape is a shaped tarp, it won't lie flat for you and will likely create a sorta weird shape. The silnylon's not particularly thick, either.

In GEAR » use poncho tarp as a ground sheet
January 05, 9:08pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: vegetarian?
And besides, us short carnivores prefer to sleep in a fresh buffalo skin. We'll leave the down to the omnis and the synthetic to those veggie-heads. *curls up in his down quilt, giggling a...

In Gear Swap » [FS] Used enLIGHTened Equipment Cuben/Climashield Quilt
January 05, 2:54pm

Five Ten
I'm surprised I so rarely see Five Ten shoes mentioned here. The first pair I owned, I noticed a definite difference in the efficiency of my walking stride, simply because the stealth rubber th...

In GEAR » Maximized walking/hikinbg shoe design
December 27, 6:59am

RE: OP Walmart packs
A second opinion: I've bought two different $30 OP packs at walmart (the skyline and the arrowhead) and I've been surprisingly impressed with both. I have not been kind to them, and I have ...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Recommend Big 3 as "loaners" for Scouts
December 26, 8:11am

SUL loads
I find that when I load up my littlest backpack with 5-10 pounds for an overnight or so I end up carrying it messenger-style over one shoulder in preference to using both straps, so it's certai...

In GEAR » One strap packs (messenger style)
December 26, 7:32am

Guinea Pig
In terms of water resistance, I really don't think you have much to worry about. The synthetic mesh on the 370s seems surprisingly resistant to passing water through; often rain or dew or wet s...

In GEAR » Snowshoeing in Inov 8 Roclite 370
December 23, 3:21pm

Zappos
It's Zappos. That place is great. Get the 288s, see how they feel on your feet, and switch them with the 390s if you need something a bit beefier. Not too hard. Just don't get them dirty fi...

In GEAR » Inov8 Boots
December 23, 3:12pm

Thanks
Successful or not, reading about your attempt is inspiring. Too many people settle for less than what they could achieve; better to try and not succeed than to never try, at least to my thinking. R...

In Post-Trip Reports » Long Trail Unsupported Attempt - August 2010
November 30, 5:56pm

Winter
Walking in snow is actually pretty fantastic exercise. It's essentially walking with added resistance and instability, which should both increase the aerobic base and strengthen the leg's s...

In Philosophy & Technique » Training & Workout
November 29, 4:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Erik Danielsen

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

five ten camp four
I have owned and loved a pair of these and worn them until their current state of having gaping holes in the sides. Observations: great fit, decent support and cushioning (never any sore feet) and...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 10, 7:29am