Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Rob Mcrae (emptyman) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale the other, big Ontario
About Me Rob Mcrae has not added a biography yet.
StateOntario
CountryCanada
My PDF Gear ListAT gear list in grams not oz

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rob Mcrae

Showing 101 - 108 of 108 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Forum » Thread

tried it-- OK
Guys, I am a vegan and Quinoa is a staple for me. I dehydrated cooked quinoa and took it to cook on the beach a few weeks ago, and I found that it was no different from when it was dry and uncooke...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Quinoa
August 25, 6:42pm

bear hooks
Those bear hooks look interesting.. but a bit pricey for what they offer. Thanks for the advice, though. I am trying to go ultralight on my finances too, you see!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » bear bag bust
August 22, 6:48pm

two trees, eh?
Well, the two tree thing didn't occur to me... that's a great idea if I've got enough rope to do it. I guess I'll experiment. Bears can be pretty tricky sometimes. You should see the set u...

August 22, 6:50am

oops
OK, i didn't see this article - thank you! This looks good. I don't quite get the PCT method, but let me read it again... until then- what about the issue of skimpy trees? Anything to be done ab...

August 21, 12:26pm

bear bag bust
Anybody have input about what to do when you need to hang a food bag but the trees around you are too thin-limbed to do the trick? Also, I noticed another thread about bear bags: do you really ne...

August 21, 12:02pm

hammock fly
Thanks for the tips. I am about to order the hennessy UL hammock, but I'm hung up about whether or not to get the regular fly or the larger hex fly (1 lb 3 oz for 12ft x 10ft 70D Polyurethane coat...

In GEAR » Hammocks
August 16, 4:59pm

hammock
thanks, guys. One thing i see being an issue is the fly: on the hennessy, can you set it up first? otherwise, it seems that in a good rain, you have to put up the hammock first and let it get wet...

In GEAR » Hammocks
August 15, 7:53am

Hammocks
I am very interested in buying a camping hammock- i mean, they just make so much sense for a solo hiker like me. But I can't figure out which is the best one to use. How many are there out there ...

In GEAR » Hammocks
August 13, 7:07am

All Reader Reviews by Rob Mcrae

Rob Mcrae has posted no reviews.