Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

ed hyatt (edhyatt) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The North; UK
About Me ed hyatt has not added a biography yet.
CountryUK

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by ed hyatt

Showing 101 - 110 of 288 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...29

Forum » Thread

Undies
I like the Ex-Oficio sufficiently to import them to the UK; although trips to the US find I have a large stock now. Recently been using Rohan Ultra trunks too - light at 38g a pair and treated w...

In GEAR » Best Undies?
June 24, 12:56am

Westcomb SHIFT NeoShell Hoody - 340g in Large
340g in large (we don't do oz in the civilised world ;-)....or use Z's... Review here: http://terrybnd.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/westcomb-rab-terra-nova-karrimor-lowe.html

In GEAR » Westcomb SHIFT NeoShell Hoody - 11 ounces (claimed)
June 17, 11:40pm

Re: Sleeping system for the Indian Peak Colorado
I'm jealous :-) As others have said watch the altitude - took me by surprise and took quite a few days to get used to it when I did the JMT - and that was not a strenuous trail; then again a...

In GEAR » Sleeping system for the Indian Peak Colorado
June 17, 7:53am

Trekking Pole Handle - Camera mount mod
Well I've been using one of these for the last few years.... http://www.industrialrev.com/ultrapod-mini.html ...but believe I am about to become an elastic band convert..

In Make Your Own Gear » Trekking Pole Handle - Camera mount mod
June 16, 12:23am

Re: snow peak litemax stove
Agree with above comments. The fold outs can catch on the rivets that facilitate their articulation. Longest period I used mine for was on the JMT - 11 day section 'cooking' one 4 person...

In GEAR » snow peak litemax stove
June 09, 12:40am

Yikes
I'm not sure what some people do to their pegs (not stakes chaps ;-)... Like Greg I've probably the same nights on mine and they are fine.

In GEAR » New Easton Nano Stakes
June 08, 11:04am

FS: Ti-Tri with stove, 1.3 L Evernew Ti pot
PM sent a couple of days ago?

In Gear Swap » FS: Ti-Tri with stove, 1.3 L Evernew Ti pot, and accessories
May 27, 9:50am

MLD DuoMid or GoLite Shangri-la 3 for winter use?
I had a Duomid and could not get on with it....proximity of that centre pole... Used my Hex (SL3) in Scottish and European Alpine winter (but not with heavy snow) and thunderstorm conditions and...

In GEAR » MLD DuoMid or GoLite Shangri-la 3 for winter use?
May 26, 12:53pm

Hilleberg Tent thread
Long-time Hilleberg user here - initially and for about 14 years a Staika for bike-touring. Bomb-proof palace that stood up to the tail-end of a Japanaese typhoon that squashed many tents on our si...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Tent thread
May 14, 12:03am

Financing the UL lifestyle
I confess to a tinge of greeness when I think of the diverse outdoors playground many of you (US based) posters have available to you.....but then your vacation regimen brings that back into balanc...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Financing the UL lifestyle
May 03, 1:37pm

All Reader Reviews by ed hyatt

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montrail Hardrock
I wore these this summer over the very rocky GR20 (Corsica) and the GR5 Alpine (Geneva towards Nice). The pair I used on the GR20 (120 miles) are well worn and cut up; they would probably do the ro...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 12, 2:27am

MoonTrail Customer Service
Very good service and advice from Dan at Moontrail; I was ordering from overseas yet picking up in the USA and Moontrail were really helpful with that. Website is good too - especially the use of e...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 20, 8:04am