Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kathy A Handyside (earlymusicus) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southeastern Michigan
About Me I'm getting back into backpacking after several years' hiatus. All my gear was circa 1979, so I've been gradually replacing it with lightweight new equipment. I will be retiring in 4 more years and then plan to do all the trails I've dreamed of doing. I also love xc-skiing and mt. biking. I plan to move to Oregon for retirement. Besides the outdoors, I love early and classical music;I play Baroque recorder and harpsichord. I'm a bookworm, I enjoy writing and quiet get-togethers with close friends.
CitySouthgate
StateMichigan
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kathy A Handyside

Showing 101 - 110 of 172 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

New Balance 1000 Insulated Boot Review
Oops! I meant to write "furry collar." That's what happens when I post when I'm upset! LOL But the rest of my post still stands. Please - no "frilly" or "furry"...

In Editor's Roundtable » New Balance 1000 Insulated Boot Review
October 01, 6:45pm

New Balance 1000 Insulated Boot Review
Why do manufacturers continually add unnecessary frilly things to women's backpacking clothing?? The woman's New Balance 1000 boot has a "frilly collar." Why? I don't go into ...

In Editor's Roundtable » New Balance 1000 Insulated Boot Review
October 01, 6:44pm

Re: Women's Specific packs
Thanks Susan! I'm so glad to see this point addressed.

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Frameless Backpacks State of the Market Report 2011: Part 1 – Choosing and Using a Frameless Pack
June 04, 2:11pm

Tall Tales from Colca Canyon, Peru
Beautiful photos. What an amazing trip that must have been! How I wish I could afford to do something like that, but I'm unemployed with no hopes of a job and so the only "travel" I c...

In Editor's Roundtable » Tall Tales from Colca Canyon, Peru: Global Test Photo Essay
April 26, 8:40pm

MYOG: eVent Rain/Wind Jacket
Roger - I started backpacking in 1978. It definitely feels like a long time ago; kind of like looking back on the Pleistocene Era! LOL

In Editor's Roundtable » MYOG: eVent Rain/Wind Jacket
April 24, 9:38pm

P.S.
I can't wait to get my copy of your new book, Mike!

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Tip of the Week
April 21, 8:19pm

Ultralight Tip of the Week
I will be looking forward to these tips each week, Mike. The cartoons are fantastic and the tips are great, too! Thanks so much.

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Tip of the Week
April 21, 8:18pm

P.S.
Great article, Jerry! I love the details. The jacket is great. Like I said, I should start learning to use my mom's sewing machine and try to get my sewing skills up to the point where I could ...

April 21, 11:48am

MYOG eVent Rain/Wind Jacket
I inherited my mother's sewing machine and I should start learning to use it! Looking at the escalating prices of ready-made high-tech-fabric clothing, making it oneself is a whole lot cheaper!...

April 21, 11:45am

Interview with Mike Clelland!
I have both "Allen and Mike's Really Cool Backpackin' Book" and "Lighten Up!" and I'm always referring to them whenever I have a question about something. They are e...

In Editor's Roundtable » Interview with Mike Clelland!
April 15, 4:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Kathy A Handyside

Kathy A Handyside has posted no reviews.