Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 101 - 110 of 8235 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...824

Forum » Thread

Re: Lightweight, Long Sleeved Shirt Needed
A plain lightweight polyester dress shirt can equal many expensive button down hiking or travel shirts with a hefty price tag. Once you get past the flapped pockets and other outdoorsy features, th...

In GEAR » Lightweight, Long Sleeved Shirt Needed
July 31, 7:25am

Re: Backpacking binoculars
We have been using Nikon Travelite series binoculars since the 1980's. I think they are up to series VI now and they are in the 9oz range. My old 7x20 Travelite II glasses are 7.8oz You can...

In GEAR » Backpacking binoculars
July 30, 1:23pm

PIF CLAIMED : Sierra Designs Rain Pants, Men's XL, Blue
Pay it Forward claimed by Farney 43: a clean pair of Sierra Designs rain pants. Men's XL size, measuring 17.5" across the elastic waist when relaxed, 24" when stretched tight, 33"...

In Gear Swap » PIF: Sierra Designs Rain Pants, Men's XL, Blue
July 30, 12:11pm

Re: a rant re: running shorts
Today I discovered the Patagonia Field shorts. They are a dead simple elastic waist shortcwith a drawsring and 9" inseam. Thats it-- no liner, pockets or anything else. Mens large size weighs ...

In GEAR » a rant re: running shorts
July 29, 10:04pm

Re: Snapshots vs Photography
There are "shots of record" that define a time and place and are a simple record of the event (aka snapshots), and then there are artful images, made with the purpose of exploring the pho...

In Photography » Snapshots vs Photography
July 28, 2:45pm

Withdrawn by seller
Withdrawn by seller

In Gear Swap » FS: OR Dry Peak Bagger 29 Liter Dry Bag Backpack 9.6oz
July 28, 2:15pm

Re: Condition? SOLD
SOLD I acquired it used and it is in like new condition. Zero defects, stains, pilling or other signs of use. I gave the long tag inside a good tg to straighten it ou...

In Gear Swap » FS:Icebreaker BodyFit 150 Relay Crew merino LS tee, men's large, blue
July 27, 5:14pm

SOLD: Icebreaker BodyFit 150 Relay Crew merino LS tee, men's large, blue
Sold to Todd H: I acquired an Icebreaker BodyFit 150 Relay Crew merino wool tee that isn't to my liking. It is a trim fit and I find myself to be a polyester kinda guy. The specs: Icebr...

In Gear Swap » FS:Icebreaker BodyFit 150 Relay Crew merino LS tee, men's large, blue
July 27, 3:34pm

Re: Best backup light source
I carry an Olight i2 AA flashlight. It is certainly not the lightest option, but will deliver enough light for night travel. I chose it to pair with my Fenix HL21as both use a single AA battery. I ...

In GEAR » Best backup light source
July 27, 3:30pm

Re: Knife and ferro rod
If all else fails, you could carry a dedicated firesteel scraper. The Exotac firesteels have very effective scrapers built in. I dont use a firesteel for everyday things like stove lighting, using ...

In GEAR » Knife and ferro rod
July 25, 9:16am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.