Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 101 - 110 of 8035 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...804

Forum » Thread

Re: Best tent stake for Cascades/PNW
Sandy? The broken basalt and granite areas in the Cascades and Olympics have a handful of dirt for every ton of rock! I use MSR Groundhogs. They aren't the lightest, but they hold well and are ...

In GEAR » Best tent stake for Cascades/PNW
June 15, 4:34pm

Re: Questioning "dry base layers for sleeping".
The only case I can make for carrying extra base layers is to dry out if you perspire heavily in cool humid conditions where you stuff won't dry and you could go hypothermic. I couldn't mak...

In GEAR » Questioning "dry base layers for sleeping".
June 15, 11:02am

Sold: Grand Trunk Ultralight Hammock with Whoopie Slings, Tree Straps and Toggles
Sold to Alejandro: a like-new Grand Trunk Ultralight hammock with 6' Amsteel Blue whoopie slings, 8' tree straps and aluminum toggles and a Zing-It ridgeline. The whole kit weighs just 15oz...

In Gear Swap » FS: Grand Trunk Ultralight Hammock with Whoopie Slings, Tree Straps and Toggles
June 15, 10:35am

Re: sunscreen packets vs. tube
I keep one packet in my kit, but scew-top salve style containers work well as they are easy to fill and you can get it all out. The containers I have are 35mm diameter and 30mm tall and weigh 8g. Y...

In GEAR » sunscreen packets vs. tube
June 14, 12:16pm

Re: Chair suspended by trees?
I could see making a hammock chair using the same materials as an UL hammock, but with the suspension I don't see it being much less than 10oz. A hammock is just a rectangle of good quality rip...

In GEAR » Chair suspended by trees?
June 12, 11:03am

Re: Where to Put Bear Canister at Night
All of this drivel is why I want an electric bear can! Bears repelled: check Small critters repelled: check Two legged snakes repelled: check!

In Philosophy & Technique » Where to Put Bear Canister at Night
June 12, 10:30am

Re: 38.5 grams phone!!!
Great idea, but for hikers I think it's all about the reception and I would question that with one that is so minimized. It might be okay for thru-hikers in town, but you could use your bounce ...

In Gear Deals » 38.5 grams phone!!!
June 12, 10:14am

Withdrawn by seller
Withdrawn by seller

In Gear Swap » FS: Smartwool TML Light SportKnit 1/2 Zip Top, Men's XL, Blue
June 11, 6:39pm

Re: Ultralight Coffee Options
Via is tolerable, but not the same as fresh brewed--- definitely better than no coffee at all. I made a cone shaped filter holder from Seal A Meal bag material to fit a Melita #2 filter and that h...

In GEAR » Ultralight Coffee Options
June 10, 1:47pm

Re: Enchantments and dogs
You mentioned the large tent for your dogs---- I dont think dogs are allowed in the Enchantments basin.

In Gear Lists » Enchantments list
June 10, 1:33pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.