Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 101 - 110 of 7878 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...788

Forum » Thread

Re: Spork vs spoon
My favorite is a ti folding spoon. It fits in a 450ml mug with an esbit wing stove. Chopsticks take care of many fork functions like long noodles and might even pass for tinder in a pinch. We still...

In GEAR » Spork vs spoon
March 07, 10:02am

Re: Vented drink tubing?
I tried the SmarTube and it is okay. It does allow you to use alternative bottles rather than bladders and leave the bottle in a side pocket rather than wrestling bladders in and out of your pack. ...

In GEAR » Vented drink tubing?
March 06, 4:55pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Confession
Yeah, we drink a different flavor of Kool Aid in these parts.

In GEAR » knife vs saw vs hatchet vs axe!
March 06, 11:11am

Re: Y-stakes vs. V-stakes?
Y stakes are stronger and MSR Groundhogs rule. Indeed, V stakes stack nicely and might be a consideration if you have one of those "free standing" tents that gobbles up a dozen stakes for...

In GEAR » Y-stakes vs. V-stakes?
March 05, 5:53pm

Re: Morning Dew - Cuben Tarp
Dew and condensation are the same thing, be it from your breath or the surrounding air. The air can only support so much moisture at a give temperature and when your shelter fabric falls below that...

In GEAR » Morning Dew - Cuben Tarp
March 05, 1:14pm

SOLD: REI Midweight Polartec Power Dry top and long johns set, men's XL PRICE DROP
SOLD Now just $18 for this fine base layer ensemble, including US shipping and PayPal fees

In Gear Swap » FS: REI Midweight Polartec Power Dry top and long johns set, men's XL, black
March 05, 11:10am

Re: Carrying Olive Oil
In a bear can, a small Platypus style bladder with a plain cap might save space. A Nalgene bottle will take up the same amount of room, empty or full. The Vapur Incognito flask might do the trick: ...

In GEAR » Carrying Olive Oil
March 04, 12:08am

Re: Reading glasses. Suggestions?
The better plastic framed ones hold up best for me. I hang them on the neck of my shirt when not wearing them. I have also used the stick-on bifocals on my sunglasses which is really nice reading m...

In GEAR » Reading glasses. Suggestions?
March 04, 12:01am

SOLD: REI Blue CCF Foam Pad Wide/Torso Length: 24"x48"x3/8", 8,8oz
Sold to Steve: an REI blue CCF foam pad, 24" wide, 48" torso length, 3/8" thick and weighing 8.8oz on my scale. $12 including US shipping and PayPal fees.

In Gear Swap » FS: REI Blue CCF Foam Pad Wide/Torso Length: 24"x48"x3/8", 8,8oz
March 03, 11:45pm

Re: WTB: 3/8“ CCF foam for MYOG project
I have an REI blue foam pad that is 24"x72"x3/8". I could lop off a 12" piece (from the inner end without the bungee cord line in it) and PIF that to you for the cost of the...

In Gear Swap » WTB: 3/8“ CCF foam for MYOG project
March 03, 10:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.