Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 101 - 110 of 8135 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...814

Forum » Thread

Re: Why few freestanding Cuben Tents?
Weight, complexity, expense, durability and fiddle-factor. That and the fact that most free-standing tents are only free-standing to the point that they will stand up with the poles inserted, but i...

In GEAR » Why few freestanding Cuben Tents?
July 02, 4:08pm

Re: Re: Re: High likely hood of rain. What rain shell would you carry?
Warm and wet? Umbrella!

In GEAR » High likely hood of rain. What rain shell would you carry?
July 01, 8:44pm

Light merino sweaters for hiking mid-layers?
There is a lot of credence given merino wool hiking garments from the likes of Smartwool and Icebreakers, but I've seen plenty of high quality merino sweaters in thrift stores and I've wond...

In GEAR » Light merino sweaters for hiking mid-layers?
July 01, 8:39pm

Re: Re: High likely hood of rain. What rain shell would you carry?
"I guess this thread was slightly pointless" NOT! Rain gear is next to shelter on priorities for me. Cold and wet does not make "recreation." Dying of hypothermia sucks--- a...

July 01, 6:18pm

Re: High likely hood of rain. What rain shell would you carry?
The lightest shell I own with the best (most intact) DWR and the most ventilation features. I my case, that would be a poncho.

July 01, 5:06pm

Re: Re: Re: What article would you send to a total newb?
Yeah, that's my blog. Learned it all here, no joke.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What article would you send to a total newb?
July 01, 2:26pm

Re: What article would you send to a total newb?
Short and sweet: https://dalesjournal.wordpress.com/2015/03/12/ultralight-backpacking-basics/

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What article would you send to a total newb?
July 01, 1:10pm

Sold: First Ascent 100w Fleece 1/4 Zip Long Sleeve Top, Men's Small, Orange
Sold to William: a First Ascent 100w Fleece 1/4 Zip long sleeve top. Men's small, measuring 20.5" across the armpits, 27" back length, 35" from the center of the neck to the cuff...

In Gear Swap » FS: First Ascent 100w Fleece 1/4 Zip Long Sleeve Top, Men's Small, Orange
June 30, 3:49pm

Re: Low cost Sleeping bag alternatives
I think of Lafuma sleeping bags for low cost and low weight. Some of the shell fabrics can be quite porous, which is great for warm weather, but no so good if there is a cold wind and sleeping unde...

In GEAR » Low cost Sleeping bag alternatives
June 30, 3:42pm

Re: Summit
"Exped U.S. Site lists 9.9 oz for weight- I'll post up a weight when it gets in." Interesting--- the package says 330g/11.6oz and two here have found weighs within 0.2oz of the sam...

In GEAR » Exped Summit Lite 25 Backpack: Golite Ion Replacement?
June 30, 12:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.