Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 101 - 110 of 8194 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...820

Forum » Thread

Bike tools
For bike travel I've settled on a Leatherman Skeletool to substitute for my usual pocketknife and give me a decent pliers-based tool as well as screwdrivers, and I added a couple plastic tire l...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Bike tools
July 13, 8:52pm

Re: Down jackets for 3 season use - how much down?
You could add a vest to what you have and get all kinds of combos out of that.

In GEAR » Down jackets for 3 season use - how much down?
July 13, 2:17pm

Re: Lunar Duo Outfitter
Yeah! Compare the number of stakes to your other choices. Uses your trekking poles too--- one less thing to bother with.

In GEAR » Gear advice.
July 13, 2:15pm

Re: Gear advice.
You can get that Kelty bag on STP for $128 if you sign up for their coupons http://www.sierratradingpost.com/kelty-20-f-ignite-sleeping-bag-600-fp-dridown~p~9440w/?filterString=s~sleeping-bag%2F...

In GEAR » Gear advice.
July 13, 1:33pm

Sold: Garmin eTrex Legend GPS PRICE DROP
SOLD

In Gear Swap » FS: Garmin eTrex Legend GPS
July 12, 6:36pm

Re: Re: Alcohol fuel - ethanol
"> Is bio-ethanol a pure substance, or is it in some way denatured?" If it doesn't have a tax stamp and in a liquor bottle, it is denatured to some degree and poisonous. &qu...

In GEAR » Alcohol fuel - ethanol
July 12, 5:17pm

Re: Script test
I wanted to show the entire list from lighterpack.com and indeed, scripts could be a security risk. No paranoia required :)

In User Test Forum » Script test
July 12, 4:56pm

Re: On Road/ Off Road
Agreed on weight distribution. I have just one cage and hate the idea of montingvthrm on the forks two liters well packed and tied down the the rack will be fine. The weight density of the othe...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Bikepacking gear list experiment
July 12, 1:09pm

Re: bike bag construction
Bike bags do take a beating, but no manufacturer that I have seen follows anything like the construction and durability of the better UL pack makers. Bike bags tend to have many widgets, pockets, e...

July 12, 11:49am

Bikepacking gear list experiment
It's been a long time since I got all the gear out and did the spread sheet exercise. I used the service available at LighterPack.com and had some fun with that. See http://lighterpack.com/r/dc...

July 12, 1:59am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.