Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kyle Purcell (dufus934) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale North Texas
About Me I'm a Bible believing follower of Christ. I've been backpacking for about 15 years now. A few of things that I'm really interested in are making my own gear, survival techniques and gear. I have a lot of questions and a few answers.
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.uriahthevagabond.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kyle Purcell

Showing 101 - 110 of 174 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

Hammock designs.
going to give this a shot and don't want to go at it blind the first time. let me know of any quality plans out there. Also, since there is so much experience represented on this forum, any h...

In Make Your Own Gear » Hammock designs.
December 06, 9:31pm

Re: Re: Re: What would you do with this
I really like the side burner stoves because they eliminate the need for a pot stand if you are using a small diameter pot. They are simple and quick to make with a xacto knife and a thumb tack. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » What would you do with this
December 06, 9:28pm

New Hammock Info
I have been thinking about getting a hammock for longer than I have been UL backpacking. I now, however, have a new criteria. It needs to be light. With that in mind, what are some good hammock ...

In GEAR » Lightest Hammock
December 06, 9:24pm

Re: What would you do with this
Looks perfect for a low pressure side jet stove. Other one could be a crush resistant fuel bottle (if you do have two of them). whats the radius or diameter of the bottle? By the way...are the...

In Make Your Own Gear » What would you do with this
December 06, 9:11pm

Re: winter socks
Thanks for the ideas, but is there nothing to do about just cold feet? Even right now sitting in my house my feet are freezing. I just don't get it.

In GEAR » best winter socks?
December 06, 9:02pm

best winter socks?
Its getting cold, and my feet get really cold (I'm anemic). I'm just looking for some advise and what are the warmest socks out there. Since these are socks and warmth is my major concern...

In GEAR » best winter socks?
December 05, 11:26pm

Thermodynamics and Backpacking
Anyone know where I can go on the web to learn about thermodynamics. I want to know how they really work so I can better understand how my alcohol stoves work. I've read everything at zenstov...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Thermodynamics and Backpacking
December 04, 6:29pm

Re: Thoughts on This Tent Idea
Here's a better pic of the tent with the measurements.

In Make Your Own Gear » Thoughts on This Tent Idea
December 03, 6:27pm

Thoughts on This Tent Idea
Does anyone see why this design wouldn't work? It's going to be made out of Silnylon, and the poles are going to be my Leki hiking poles. It is 4ft high at highest peak, with 6'6&...

In Make Your Own Gear » Thoughts on This Tent Idea
December 03, 6:10pm

Google SketchUp
I've been getting familiar with Google SketchUp and I am amazed by how easy it is. However, the tutorials that google has set up don't address all the questions that I have. Is there anyw...

In Chaff » Google SketchUp
December 03, 2:34pm

All Reader Reviews by Kyle Purcell

Kyle Purcell has posted no reviews.