Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

M G (drown) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Shenandoah
About Me Climber. caver. Cartographer. Have hiked, caved, climbed and mapped in Asia, N. & S. America.

Currently planning on 8 days in the upper Kern September 2014.A desert SW trip in May, ski touring in the Canadian Rockies in April and Costa Rican volcanoes in Feb.
CityWashington
StateDC
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M G

Showing 101 - 110 of 583 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...59

Forum » Thread

What blogs
Do you recommend as an alternative?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ehy do I even bother to look at this page?
April 17, 7:26am

Re: Tea...
@Bawana You can make sun tea without heating up the water. Even easier. Cafeine is def. a way to dampen hunger and stimulate. But I can only handle it in the morning.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Is there anything more filling than cheese?
April 13, 6:33am

If you can handle sweets...
...Halva is pretty calorific by weight.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Is there anything more filling than cheese?
April 13, 6:30am

Re: REI 20% Coupon
I got a thermarest x/lite women's version.

In GEAR » Rei dividends are here =)
April 10, 5:05pm

Puffy
If going to be camping above treeline I would take a Puffy + good sleeping bag at least 10degree warmer than coldest expected temp. Unless you are a very warm sleeper.

In Gear Lists » Layer question for early Sept JMT -- is fleece enough or do I need to go puffy?
April 10, 3:49pm

Enigma pro
PM sent

In Gear Swap » FS: Enlightened Equipment Enigma Pro 0 degree 850-fill down quilt
April 10, 10:22am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Thanks guys
I can recommend brightguy.com Had the model I wanted instock, same price as Zebralite and shipped very quick. mg

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » What headlamp do you use?
April 10, 6:28am

Ground Insulation on snow
Keep the thermarest. Get a thin 1/8 to go underneath it. Lawson has some at a good price. I once spent two nights at high elevation sleeping on only a ridgerest in a WM ultralight. Woke up both...

In Gear Lists » Rainier Gear List - WITH PHOTOS!
April 09, 10:02pm

Re: Progress
To follow up on Doug's suggestion, a coke can with the top cut off would probably be the cheapest and could be used as suggested with a stake poked through holes near the top to hold it in the ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Need BPL's help with fondue
April 08, 9:41pm

"Crew 1 Auction"
Eric this sounds like a great program. Before I head over to check out the goods at the auction site I have two questions: 1. Due to its homophobic regulations and intolerance of atheist I hav...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Crew 1 Auction
April 08, 9:38pm

All Reader Reviews by M G

M G has posted no reviews.