BPL Community Profile

Drew Jay (drewjh) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Central Coast
About Me Drew Jay has not added a biography yet.
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List2013 UL, M-SUL, & SUL lists

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Drew Jay

Showing 101 - 110 of 235 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...24

Forum » Thread

Center of gravity
I remember the very first thread on the Arc Blast, before anyone here actually had one. There was considerable speculation then about center of gravity. But here we are a full year in, with a LO...

In GEAR » Arc Blast vs. Blast
June 22, 12:38pm

Arc adjustment
Andy, I briefly experienced both those problems when I was experimenting with different levels of tension on the Arc stays. If your stays are straightening when the pack is full, it is because...

In GEAR » Arc Blast vs. Blast
June 22, 5:38am

Nice!!
I like it! The fact that you don't have to use a rubber band to keep it closed around the pot is an improvement. And I am jealous of your tabs, they close up completely - that should improve pe...

In Make Your Own Gear » SUL setup - Zelph flat bottom Foster pot with Snow Leopard clone windscreen
June 15, 7:52pm

Soot
Thanks Dan, it's a good addition to your pot. I don't have extensive experience with esbit but I think it is burning pretty clean. A small amount of soot, and nothing above the first 1"...

In Make Your Own Gear » SUL setup - Zelph flat bottom Foster pot with Snow Leopard clone windscreen
June 13, 5:15pm

Arc
The Arc now carries only a 3 oz weight penalty over th Blast and I can tell you from experience it feels like 5 lbs less on the back. Arc all the way in my opinion.

In GEAR » Pretty please help me pick between the new Zpacks Blast or Arc
June 09, 5:51pm

Gunk
The Zelph flat bottom pot cleans up very easily. Wipe it off after it has cooled a bit and there never is a sticky gunky mess.

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Ideal SUL cook kit for Foster's Pot?
June 08, 6:39pm

Ideal SUL cook kit for Foster's Pot?
Guys, I've put together what I think is the ideal SUL cook kit for Foster's pots: I thought about ordering a GVP or making a Caldera Clone, but I wanted to be able to roll t...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Ideal SUL cook kit for Foster's Pot?
June 08, 5:26pm

Further testing
I did three more boils with this last night. The temperature was warmer than last time, about 75 degrees, and my elevation is about 880 feet (CA central coast.) I measured out two full cups...

June 08, 4:45pm

Arc
Most of the framed packs I've tried transfer weight to the hip belt vertically, which can cause the belt to sag and slip downward. In my experience the pronounced curve of the Arc frame transf...

In GEAR » Sub - 2lbs lightweight internal frame pack -- need market update
June 08, 3:37pm

Brian, have you tried the Arc Blast?

In GEAR » Sub - 2lbs lightweight internal frame pack -- need market update
June 08, 2:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Drew Jay

Drew Jay has posted no reviews.