BPL Community Profile

Don Meredith (donmeredith) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SouthEast
About Me 39 year old living in Greenville, SC. I grew up playing in the woods of the PeeDee region of SC. I'm an avid cyclist with a new found passion for bikepacking. I do most of my bike camping, hiking, kayaking and cycling in SC, NC & GA. I've settled in at about 10 to 12 pounds completely loaded at this point - a balance of comfort walking and in camp.
CityGreenville
StateSouth Carolina
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://lightpack.blogspot.com
My PDF Gear ListOvernight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Don Meredith

Showing 101 - 110 of 475 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...48

Forum » Thread

The Shortest Bikepacking Trip on Record
John, hopefully I didn't wait too long to respond. Honestly, I can't recommend Lynskey. If you're interested in talking shop on bike frames I'm always game. I think you can get a lo...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » The Shortest Bikepacking Trip on Record
April 26, 1:25pm

Best Strapping Mechanism?
I love the velcro straps with a pull buckle (photo included). You can find them at hardware stores, Wally World (occasionally) and if you're lucky at work. I use them to hold my sleep mat on my...

In GEAR » Best Strapping Mechanism?
April 23, 2:44pm

Lightest 500ml ti cup
I'd guess the Trapper has to be in there somewhere (1.65oz). Technically its 475ml but that's close enough. DM

In GEAR » Lightest 500ml titanium cup
April 23, 2:40pm

The Kettle is coming !
I recently had a chance to fiddle around with one of Devin's boilers... GREAT KIT! Details here: Boilerwerks Backcountry Boiler DM

In GEAR » The Kettle is coming !
April 22, 8:05am

alcohol storage
Alcohol sales across the street from the hardware store. Put a bike / hike shop on that block and its a dangerous town for me. ;) I just scored HEET Yellow on sale for $3 US for a pack of 4 bott...

In GEAR » alcohol storage
April 20, 7:05am

Ion
David, that stings - I've been there. If I decide not to do a mod on it for any reason I'll give you first dibs. - DM

In Gear Swap » FS: WM, GossGear, OR, Golite and more!
April 19, 12:38pm

FS: WM, GossGear, OR, Golite and more!
I'll take the Ion. Please PM me to let me know where to send the PayPal. DM

In Gear Swap » FS: WM, GossGear, OR, Golite and more!
April 19, 12:18pm

UL pillows that don't feel like a ballon
Ken, the WM down pillow does flatten out with time but it hasn't been too big of an issue for me since I tend to move around a lot in my sleep. When I'm rolling from stomach to side, etc. I...

In GEAR » Ul pillows that don't feel like a ballon
April 18, 7:53am

UL pillows that don't feel like a ballon
I've been through a lot of them. So far, all of the pneumatics feel like a balloon to me (tried Montbell, Exped & Kookabay). The best out of those was the Exped because of the profile and t...

In GEAR » Ul pillows that don't feel like a ballon
April 18, 5:48am

FS: MSR HyperFlow Water Filter - Never Used $70
I know this filter got some bad initial press but I love mine. Its very fast, easy to backflush after you read the directions and its small. DM

In Gear Swap » FS: MSR HyperFlow Water Filter - Never Used $80
April 11, 7:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Don Meredith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Contrail
My Contrail lives up to every aspect of my expectations except one,the web page claims that it has a one piece bathtub floor, this is not the case, mine has a seam across the the floor about 2 feet fr...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
February 13, 7:09am