Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Goodyear (dmgoody) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale mid-west
About Me David Goodyear has not added a biography yet.
StateMIchigan
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Goodyear

Showing 101 - 110 of 402 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...41

Forum » Thread

Fat suit
A friend of mine took 2 sleeping bags and put them together with zippers and such to make a fat suit. He uses it in the deep cold around camp - kind of like the poor mans 8000 meter suit. Enjoy...

In Make Your Own Gear » What to make with old sleepingbag??
December 24, 7:49pm

great idea
I love it. I just might have most of the raw matierals laying around in my basement. Might have to order the roket ship plywood, do you sell it? :) Dave

In Make Your Own Gear » Sort of crampons, sort of mini snowshoes for use with your slippers
December 24, 4:45am

steiger
Andy, Good system, cool blog. I would only go the steiger route if you can dry them out by a fire or bring them inside at night. We tried them a few years ago and it was difficult to get the lin...

In GEAR » Boots for Michigan and East Coast Winters
December 23, 10:19am

Michigan
It's not that cold here yet. Not much to climb unless you go th da UP eh. We use the Baffin Terrains for most of our off trail stuff. plenty warm, but they are waterproof. When we need total br...

In GEAR » Boots for Michigan and East Coast Winters
December 23, 7:56am

easy access
my friend put a heavy duty short zipper in front(running right down the middle), so he could get his lunch and small bag with his de-icing kit and safety rope. We mounted a sled cam (duct tape ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Making a Pulk and need to find right sled
December 22, 5:27pm

yes
I like the rubber washer idea. It's funny. We are planning to go on a big pulk expedition in January with 12 others and my friend and I just went over our pulk and harness modifications over lu...

December 22, 5:16pm

nice
Garry, Nice sled. I like the integrated cover. This will keep out the snow and the nasties and wont blow away in the wind. The only issue I've seen with the ski-pulk type attachements, is th...

December 22, 4:56pm

wow
Is this what it is like in Greece? :)

In Chaff » Another Rant: Not worth paying to sell on BPL
December 22, 3:58pm

We are the 1%
Yup, we are 1% sane and 99% crazy. We would buy that 1.5lb tent, and cut it up to make it lighter. We would also study it's design and MYOG a 1 lb version and sell the cut up tent on gear swap....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why do we have to pay for the last Sunny and Balls article?
December 22, 5:07am

Pm sent on bivy
John, Thanks, I was going to make a summer bivy, but I cant even buy the matierals as cheap as your selling yours. One more project I dont have to make. Good luck on your new shelter sear...

In Gear Swap » Tarp and Bivy for sale
December 21, 8:53am

All Reader Reviews by David Goodyear

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

caldera cone w gram cracker esbit stove snow peak solo
Just returned from a 4 day bushwhacking trip. This setup achieved 2 near boils (small bubbles) per esbit tab. Morning and night temps in the mid 30's - water taken from cold creeks. I allotted 4 t...

In Stoves - Other
October 08, 7:52am

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1
I bought this tent before becoming a member of this site. When I read the review of the SL-1, I was worried about its stability and durability. I am not a tarp camper so the seedhouse seemed to be the...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 12, 7:22am