Dan Durston (dandydan) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Cascadia
About Me -
CityThunder Bay
StateON
CountryCanada
My Website URLhttp://www.motorscooterguide.net
My PDF Gear ListBMWO 2013

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dan Durston

Showing 101 - 110 of 3925 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...393

Forum » Thread

Pukaskwa Coastal Trail
Jeff, We left Oiseau Bay around 9am and then we got into Hattie Cove around 7pm. So that's 10 hours and we were stopped for at least an hour for lunch b/c we got a bit mixed up on the beach ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Pukaskwa: 160kms Around the Outside via Foot & Raft
March 13, 11:19am

BMWO
"I'm planning on a sub-60 hour finish, which will take a lot (lot) more effort than 52 hours did last year." Wow. It gets me stoked just thinking about pulling sub 60 hrs off. I'...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 2014 Bob Marshall Wilderness Open: Marias Pass to Monture Creek
March 05, 9:32am

First Ascent
First Ascent/Eddie Bauer makes their Downlight parka in a tall option. It's similar or a bit less warm than the MB Alpine Light and the usually have great end of season sales.

In GEAR » Looking for a new winter jacket
March 03, 5:36pm

Inners
I think of weight as being pretty much equal between these inner styles. Noseeum mesh is about 0.7oz, while the lightest solid nylon fabrics are also in that range. The lightest solid material woul...

In GEAR » Solid vs Semi-solid vs mesh interior
March 03, 7:21am

Lights
Just up late....I'm on the PCT this summer and then back in BC for good in September though.

In GEAR » Headlamp recommendations
March 02, 11:20am

Zebralight
"Zebralight's website: "China Registered Airmail (2 to 8 weeks or months)" This excerpt is only referring to the speed of the shipping service, so it is does not include the bac...

March 02, 12:19am

Zebralights
I bought direct from Zebralight.com On the page for a headlamp it often says "Availability: Back Order". My guess is that Zebralight just finds it easier to make them in small batches ...

March 01, 11:43pm

Zebralights
You can order any of the lights listed on their site and it'll ship out with a small-medium delay. My H51 was out of stock when I ordered and it shipped in about 5 days, while my H52 took about...

March 01, 8:03pm

Lights
The H600 does sound pretty awesome. I'd love one. "but am not appreciating the difference between the H52 floods and the H502 floods" H502 = 120 degree flood, no brighter "ho...

March 01, 6:58pm

Pot Shape
Lots of good points here. A few more considerations: - Larger diameter pots require larger diameter windscreens, which is more weight. - If you want to pack a cone inside, either tall or wide...

In GEAR » Optimum ratio of pot diameter to height
March 01, 12:01am

All Reader Reviews by Dan Durston

Showing 1 - 10 of 25 | Page: 1 2 3

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Cuben DuoMid
The DuoMid is the best shelter for solo hikers. Don't be misled by the "Duo" in its name - you could cram two hikers in here but it's poorly suited for that (ie. no vestibule space, ...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
September 22, 1:56pm

Evernew 300ml Dbl Wall Mug (ECA354)
I like the idea of a robust, double wall titanium mug that may be a bit heavier...

In Cookware - Titanium
September 22, 11:01am

Montane Minimus DT Pant
These pants are a very niche product. They're light (4.25oz Med) but the Pertex Shield+ m...

In Clothing - Raingear
September 22, 10:31am

Spark-Lite Fire Starter (Survival Gear - BPL Gear Shop)
I have this kit and the FireLite Mini kit. This sparker is a bit lighter than the FireLite Mini but I don't trust this sparker 100% like I do the FireLite. This sparker doesn't work well wh...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
October 28, 11:21pm

BPL FireLite Firestarter
I love this FireLite Mini. It's the only thing that I 100% trust to start a fire. With a mini Bic you can run out of gas, be at too high of an altitude, get it wet or get it oily. Matches can ...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
October 28, 11:19pm

Hyperlight Mtn Gear Echo I
I wasn't sure where to put this review as the Echo I can be used as either a tarp or a double wall tent. OVERVIEW I've given the Echo I five stars because it's quality construct...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
October 16, 4:15pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I've got the original Reed pants (4oz in a size medium) and they are prefect rain pants for UL hiking. They've been adequately durable, totally waterproof and light. I don't want ankle zip...

In Clothing - Raingear
October 15, 10:27pm

Marmot Essence
I'll be the first one to give this jacket 5 stars. Marmot has made a number of changes to this jacket over the years so criticisms of the earlier models are no longer relevant. My Essence is t...

In Clothing - Raingear
October 15, 10:22pm

Baladeo 22 Grams Knife
This knife is a brilliant design. Every part of it is functional and the result is a lot of knife for just 22g (or 24.3g as mine as actually weighs). When I opened the (very nice) box and first played...

In Miscellaneous Products
October 03, 6:10pm

Nite ize S-Biner
After using another small biner that failed due to a poor design, I switched the Nite Ize Size 1 biner for bear bagging this summer. I use one of these to clip to my 1.4mm spectra cord to my food sack...

In Miscellaneous Products
October 03, 5:56pm