BPL Community Profile

pack nwcurt (curtpeterson) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me pack nwcurt has not added a biography yet.
StateWashington
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by pack nwcurt

Showing 101 - 110 of 406 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...41

Forum » Thread

Jetboil Zip Hacks ... Part 2
Okay - messed around with the Jetboil Zip again today. Very happy with a couple more mods. New Lid: I like the Ziploc one mentioned in my last Zip post, but it doesn't lock. One of the thing...

In GEAR » Jetboil Zip Hacks ... Part 2
February 04, 7:28pm

UL remote canister stove
Very nice! I love that Gnat - pretty versatile little guy. I am experimenting with using it in a Jetboil system and it's interesting. As I'm sure your tinkering will move on to another d...

In Make Your Own Gear » UL remote canister stove
February 04, 10:19am

GG Nimbus Meridian Sizing
Great pack, Nick. A little beefy, but it can actually be modified down to very reasonable weights if you want. Leave the top pocket at home, a little trimming here and there and you get a supremely...

In GEAR » GG Nimbus Meridian Sizing
February 04, 10:13am

My Paleo
I have some that I use on almost every trip. 4 meals that I'm happy to rotate indefinitely. Most of my trips are usually only 2-3 days anyways, so this works great for me. Happy to post them up...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » My Paleo
January 25, 9:29pm

Jetboil Zip Hacks
@Kevin - According to Will and Janet's testing, it didn't make a huge impact at all. Can't remember the exact numbers, but it was something like 1 or 2 pints out of 45 or more per canis...

In GEAR » Jetboil Zip Hacks
January 22, 12:33pm

Jetboil Zip Hacks
Did the first "permanent" mod to the Zip. Very simple addition of a wire adjustment knob. Even without the 1/2 ounce savings of using the Gnat, this one is worth it just for convenience. ...

January 18, 2:17pm

Jetboil Zip Hacks
So I picked up a Jetboil Zip the other day. I've avoided the integrated setups since they showed up because the weights just didn't make sense. With the recent versions, they're much mo...

January 18, 11:31am

Re: Re: Unscrewing the Gnat
But, what I want to know is the efficiency of the Gnat. Does it take the same amount of fuel to boil a pint of water? You have to be careful measuring, like Roger did in his stove comparison articl...

In GEAR » The MSRatauk SuperGnat (Gaz *and* Threaded!)
January 09, 9:40pm

SuperGnat
Hard to tell if this thread is joking or serious, but for anyone curious about the Gnat - which I use as my primary stove - unscrewing requires nothing different than screwing the stove on the cani...

In GEAR » The MSRatauk SuperGnat (Gaz *and* Threaded!)
January 09, 8:55am

$16 remote canister stove
I played around with the stove a little more. For those thinking it could be even lighter, here are the component weights: Burner: 1.1oz (33gm) Jet assembly & hose: 3.4oz (96gm) Legs: 1.6...

In GEAR » $16 remote canister stove
January 07, 11:18am

All Reader Reviews by pack nwcurt

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Ultralight Fishing Rod Case 2"
I'd been looking for a light, tough fishing rod tube for a long time and was excited to find this option. Despite fantastic customer service with a special request and fast shipping, this rod tube qu...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 07, 11:57am

Lock Laces Shoe Laces Lock Laces Shoe Laces
I'll give the Lock-Laces that BPL sells a star for being incredibly comfortable during in-camp and flat trail duty, and another star for the quick and easy on-off they allow. But, they are not near...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 07, 11:43am

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
If Esbit is the fuel choice, this little stand is a fantastic option. Fits the GSI double boilers well and my Snowpeak bowl nicely. The real appeal is the ridiculously light weight. I can tos...

In Stoves - Other
August 07, 11:35am