Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Peter McDonough (crazypete) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Above the Divided Line
About Me I backpack as the Studliest Studly Studmuffin of Studly Studliness who ever Studlied himself out of Studlyville.

I cut a large path while leaving no trace and carring less than three pounds in my pack.

If you want knowledge of some real scientific prinicples, talk to me and I will guide you to the sun.

See you on the other side.

And remember to keep to the mean.
CityForm of the Good
StateThe City
CountryUS of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Peter McDonough

Showing 101 - 110 of 221 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...23

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Ultralight <Titanium, CF?> camp chair
I think the PackStool is around 13 oz.

In GEAR » Ultralight <Titanium, CF?> camp chair
January 04, 12:08am

Re: Thoughts on cold weather sleeping bags
If it were fully waterproof....then the down would not be able to loft due to the inability to draw in air from outside the bag!!

In GEAR » Thoughts on cold weather sleeping bags
December 27, 2:12pm

Re: Re: more on floor treatment
Apply it to the bottom of your pad instead...its a whole lot easier and wherever you put the pad, you have traction.

In GEAR » Big Sky shelters --- who has ordered? who got their's?
December 23, 12:32am

Re: Re: next: Boot heel springs..“It is like carrying an extra 12 pounds for free.”
Ummm...the only thing the backpack does is change the amount of time over which the force is applied. The overal impulse is the same (actually more thanks to the weight of the backpack). However,...

In GEAR » “It is like carrying an extra 12 pounds for free.”
December 20, 10:58pm

Re: painting stakes.
Try soaking the stakes in vinegar first...then prime...then paint. Thats standard metal painting procedure...maybe it will work on titanium...

In Make Your Own Gear » Painting Titanium Stakes
December 19, 10:25pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DE for Dr.J (inspired by D. Bonn)
Oh and one final quick reply---the velocity vs time graph was just an example that may or may not apply to anyone's walking speed. The variability of the velocity is not a problem. Just thi...

In Philosophy & Technique » reading and writing on UL trips
December 11, 9:36am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DE for Dr.J (inspired by D. Bonn)
Only if its definite Roger.... :D

December 11, 9:29am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DE for Dr.J (inspired by D. Bonn)
DS and DT is simply a ratio of two different rates. All we need is a representation of how one's velocity changes over time and then one can figure everything else out. I believe that findi...

December 11, 12:38am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DE for Dr.J (inspired by D. Bonn)
Roman-- Not really theoretical stuff like this would be, but simply stuff like force on tarp panels in various wind speeds. BD - I used the quadratic formula to solve for T. The C is the cons...

December 11, 12:04am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DE for Dr.J (inspired by D. Bonn)
BD------- "Then S/T = XIV + T OR T = (XIV + T)/S, if you divide both sides of the equation by S. Thus the overall apparent aberations from mathematical norms and rules. Also, while the use...

December 10, 10:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Peter McDonough

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Ether Wind Shirt (Wisp HP)
Of course you got clammy in it. The temperature was in the mid 60s. There is no need to wear a windshirt in the mid 60s unless you have a slight drizzle or there is a VERY VERY strong wind blowing. ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
March 16, 12:49pm