BPL Community Profile

Chris Muthig (cmuthig) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Georgia
About Me Chris Muthig has not added a biography yet.
CityAthens
StateGeorgia
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://kringlelight.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris Muthig

Showing 101 - 110 of 247 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...25

Forum » Thread

New MYOG Pack
Just finished my latest pack. It is about 25L, it has a removable lid, removable framesheet (with two aluminum stays) and removable hipbelt. This should make it a good pack for even my lighter load...

In Make Your Own Gear » New MYOG Pack
January 30, 3:58pm

100 yard?
DP sells 100 yard minimums? Does that include their 2nds?

In Make Your Own Gear » Looking for some VX07
January 30, 3:34pm

Thru Hike Water Purification
I don't think this topic really belongs in gear, because I am not really looking for a gear review, but a discussion on differing techniques. I am working on planning a thru hike of the AT for ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Thru Hike Water Purification
January 29, 8:19pm

Summer AT Hike
I'm out of school for the spring and summer, but I will be starting graduate school in the fall. Kind of as a last chance thing, I plan to thru hike the Appalachian Trail during the summer (or ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Summer AT Hike
January 26, 11:28am

Re: A QUESTION ABOUT SEAMS?
Oddly enough, I was just thinking about this same project this morning, because my brother recently got me back into climbing and bouldering. I think for your purposes a french seam, or somethi...

In Make Your Own Gear » A QUESTION ABOUT SEAMS?
January 24, 9:46am

sewing advice
Backpacks aren't that hard to make. The major thing that is difficult to get right is the order of sewing things together. There are a lot of steps, so the order of doing them is important. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Childs BackPack project
January 20, 3:33pm

Re: Quilt warmth of a single layer of 1.8 primaloft.
Just a thought, but I made a similar quilt out of 2.5 Apex that weighted in at 13oz and could go to about 45. If you could find your hands on some of that, it might be easier to use and nearly ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Quilt warmth of a single layer of 1.8 primaloft.
January 19, 6:55am

Re: Childs BackPack project
Sounds like an interesting project. Is this theory based, or will it be executed? Also, are we talking about one backpack or hundreds? That could make a difference in how cost effective working wit...

In Make Your Own Gear » Childs BackPack project
January 19, 6:53am

Cost
Also remember that you will need velcro for the footbox, cordage for gathering the ends and cordlocks. All of which I would suggest getting from DIYGearSupply, when you order the fabric. The rea...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Climashield Quilt
January 18, 7:03am

One More Question
I'm very excited about getting around to making this new purchase and get started. I have one more question about getting the gear to get started. I want to go ahead and start fishing durin...

In Fishing » Beginner Tenkara
January 15, 6:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Chris Muthig

Chris Muthig has posted no reviews.