BPL Community Profile

Harrison Carpenter (carpenh) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale St. Vrain River Valley
About Me They call me Carp-Dawg, Dr. C, The Rodent Whisperer, and/or Rat Man-- depending upon who they are and what they see me doing.
StateColorado
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List3-day, 3-season, Solo

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Harrison Carpenter

Showing 101 - 110 of 141 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Dimensions of ULA CDT/Ohm?
Thanks for the suggestions-- I'll send out a quick email.

In GEAR » Dimensions of ULA CDT/Ohm?
October 16, 7:25pm

Dimensions of ULA CDT/Ohm?
It may seem odd for me to ask this-- but does anyone know the dimensions (LxWxH) of ULA's CDT and/or Ohm?

In GEAR » Dimensions of ULA CDT/Ohm?
October 16, 7:02pm

Re: Is every ultralighter obsessive?
Obsessive, from a psychologist's point of view, connotes a feeling/motive so powerful it blocks out all other rationale thoughts; it's a feeling so dogmatic, so powerful, that it interferes...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Is every ultralighter obsessive?
October 13, 9:42am

Re: Check this out
Borah's pack looks interesting-- and attractive.

In GEAR » What ultralight 60L pack to replace Arcteryx Bora 95?
October 13, 8:18am

My $0.02
Currently I make use of a GoLite Pinnacle (~70L, yet relatively light after some removal of excess cords/webbing), and would recommend a GoLite pack of similar dimensions-- very locatable, relative...

In GEAR » 3 Day Pack recmmendations
October 09, 2:31pm

Slopping? Guilty.
Evidently, I slopped sealant onto my Tarptent Notch-- between the seam sealing and anti-slippage stripes, I added 2.1 oz.

In GEAR » how much weight can I expect seam-sealing adds to a shelter's weight?
October 01, 4:26pm

OK
"Thin like water" makes sense... I'm buying into the whole silicone strips idea now. Perhaps I will experiment with the elastic webbing at a different time. :-)

In Make Your Own Gear » Grommet/elastic cord on a silnylon floor?
September 30, 9:05am

Old school
Except for lacking a flashlight, the no-electronics system looks like that my Boy Scout troop practiced way back in the day. Survival of the fittest, communing with nature, all that stuff...

In Philosophy & Technique » Backpacking sans batteries...
September 30, 8:29am

"Diluted" how?
James, when you say "highly diluted," what do you mean? Did you use a specific ratio of silicone:spirits? Or would you recommend eyeballing it? (Like, "make it thinner than olive oil...

September 30, 7:59am

OK...
Alright then. If I am to go with the silicone stripes option, then 1) how wide should the stripes be, and 2) how necessary would it be to also coat my pad's underside?

September 29, 7:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Harrison Carpenter

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent Notch
This is more of an initial test report. After sealing my Notch's seams, and doing several test-pitches in my backyard, I took it out into Colorado's Indian Peaks Wilderness Area for an overnig...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
September 23, 7:09pm