BPL Community Profile

Kevin Beeden (captain_paranoia) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale UK
About Me Kevin Beeden has not added a biography yet.
CountryUK

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Beeden

Showing 101 - 110 of 433 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...44

Forum » Thread

re: Burning out the sides
> So I did what you guys suggested, and just pressed it in, Errmm... no you didn't... I suggested that you make the outer can tall enough to reach the 'shoulder' of the inner c...

In Make Your Own Gear » What glue for alcohol stoves? Or rivets?
March 19, 11:55am

no need for glue or rivets
In my experience, there's no need for glue of rivets when making a 'trangia-style', or 'pepsi-can' burner. If you make the lower, outer can come up the full height of the bur...

In Make Your Own Gear » What glue for alcohol stoves? Or rivets?
March 16, 10:07am

re: fibre alignment
> One, Apex, and Primaloft Sport, all have fibers going primarily in one direction Aha. I've only ever used Thinsulate, which is pretty random. So, single axis quilting perpendicular ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Stabilizing Primaloft 1.8 in quilt, could use some advice
March 12, 12:04pm

re: Re: are squares needed?
> To me, the rows of stitches that parallel the fibers of the insulation won't do much, because you can easily pull apart the insulation in that direction so it won't do much But once...

In Make Your Own Gear » Stabilizing Primaloft 1.8 in quilt, could use some advice
March 09, 8:48am

boundary conditions
> I was spending a lot of time thinking about boundary conditions that should be used to solve the equation. Then it struck me, most tents have a series of clips or sleeves that constrain the po...

In Make Your Own Gear » Calculations for Tent Poles
March 09, 7:41am

are squares needed?
Surely if you simply sew a set of stabilising lines in one direction, that will be fine? Aren't we simply trying to stop the wadding moving about, and sewing in one direction only should do ...

March 08, 11:54am

stressed membrane
> Unfortunately, a tent pole does not undergo small deflections, so most standard solutions can't be used. Not only that, but it's supporting a stressed membrane (assuming it's a ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Calculations for Tent Poles
March 08, 11:49am

re: choke
> Nope....it's variable....we'll be releasing it soon. Ah, so it's practically identical to the FeatherFire adjustment then? A band surrounding the air intakes that can be constr...

In Make Your Own Gear » Caldera Cones - My Adventures in Improving the ULC system
February 28, 11:01am

re: Find a strap that melts at 50C
> Find a strap that melts at 50C I like it... a fail-safe design. I bet you can find a wax (synthetic or otherwise) with a suitable melting point... I bet Blu-tac softens enough at 50C,...

In Make Your Own Gear » Jetboil Heat Exchanger
February 20, 12:12pm

re: Old Design
Jack Hoster said (in one incarnation of the post...): [quote] That's the best stove/shield setup I've every seen! My concern about the cone design was that the creators released it p...

In Make Your Own Gear » My Caldera Clone
February 20, 11:29am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Beeden

Kevin Beeden has posted no reviews.