BPL Community Profile

Allen Butts (butts0989) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Northern Rockies
About Me Allen Butts has not added a biography yet.
CityFort Collins
StateColorado
CountryU.S.
My PDF Gear ListAT-thru hike list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Allen Butts

Showing 101 - 110 of 227 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...23

Forum » Thread

Re: Montbell Versalite Pant
I guess i must have skipped over the versalite pants somehow, great find. Well its seems as thought the consensus is to go with a wp/b pant. I do agree that if it rains for multiple days and im i...

In GEAR » Wind pants or rain pants?
April 10, 10:51pm

Wind pants or rain pants?
I live in fort collins and primarily backpack in the colorado region. I currently have a super old pair of cheap sierra designs rain pants, but they are hardly waterproof anymore and they weigh 9o...

In GEAR » Wind pants or rain pants?
April 10, 5:33pm

Re: CT help in May
For this year, you could expect some snow but dont be expecting a lot. What kind of conditions are you looking for? Do you mind hiking in the snow? Also what kind of mileage are you planning...

In Pre-Trip Planning » CT help in May
April 03, 6:12pm

Re: Cascadia 6s
I would highly suggest the 7's instead, much better control and they feel much better in your feet. And FWIW, I think that the 7's probably breath better than the 6's.

In GEAR » Cascadia 6s
March 26, 8:53pm

Re: ohm belt
You answered my question quite perfectly, thanks for the advice!

In GEAR » Ohm Hipbelt
March 24, 3:59pm

Ohm Hipbelt
I am looking into buying an Ohm soon, but was wondering a little about the hip belt. I wear a size 31 waist, and would traditionally go with the medium sized hip belt. But after looking over many...

In GEAR » Ohm Hipbelt
March 23, 8:27pm

Exos
PM sent.

In Gear Swap » Packs FS: Osprey Exos46, Gregory Z30, Ruffwear Singletrak
March 21, 7:32pm

Looking for some new gear...
I am looking for some new gear here for the summer, but i kind of have a tight budget. 1. I want to find a sleeping bag that is rated for around 20-30 degrees, synthetic or down, that is unde...

In GEAR » Looking for some new gear...
March 20, 9:54pm

Re: Water Drops
Luke is right about the water drops, definitely have a backup, there are some places where having some sort of purification has to be used. Also Luke good idea on the tarp setup, there really aren...

In Gear Lists » CT 2012. First "long" distance hike.
March 17, 8:11pm

Re: Driducks
List looks excellent man. The contrail and a 30 degree bag are a perfect fit for the trail. I did the CT last summer with a contrail and a WM summerlite, it was a great combo. Honestly you might...

In Gear Lists » CT 2012. First "long" distance hike.
March 17, 7:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Allen Butts

Allen Butts has posted no reviews.