BPL Community Profile

Allen Butts (butts0989) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Northern Rockies
About Me Allen Butts has not added a biography yet.
CityFort Collins
StateColorado
CountryU.S.
My PDF Gear ListAT-thru hike list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Allen Butts

Showing 101 - 110 of 236 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...24

Forum » Thread

Re: Snowshoeing in Switzerland
Thorough reports and pictures, thanks for sharing! What camera were you using?

In Post-Trip Reports » Snowshoeing in Switzerland
February 23, 9:24pm

Re: wind river crest
Sounds like it was a beautiful hike, thanks for sharing, that helps a bunch!

In Pre-Trip Planning » WInd River Route
February 02, 10:15am

Re: Re: Wind River Route(s)
Thanks for the reference Greg. I talked with a bunch of people from NOLS when i was up there and they gave me some advice on some routes, and they truly do run all over that entire range. My goal...

February 01, 10:20am

WInd River Route
After having recently spent a month in Lander WY I had an idea for navigating a route through the Winds, south to north. My plan overall is to carry a GPS with me, mark numerous waypoints along th...

January 31, 9:53pm

Re: Re: Ideal Alpine Shell
Sorry i dont think i specified enough. I'm looking for something for pretty high altitudes (winter summits of 14ers to be exact), it may involve some degree of ice climbing in which case i do ...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Ideal Alpine Shell
October 02, 5:06pm

Ideal Alpine Shell
Hey guys I'm extremely new to the world of alpinism, although being quite versed in regular ultralight backpacking. I'm trying to take my approach towards backpacking into alpinism, and i ...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Ideal Alpine Shell
October 01, 7:28pm

Help me find a down jacket!!
Last winter I was getting just a bit too cold in my Montbell U.L. Down Parka, so this winter I am looking to invest in something a bit warmer. I'm really just looking for something that will k...

In GEAR » Help me find a down jacket!!
August 19, 1:01pm

Indian Peaks Wilderness Weekend
I am wanting to do a trip somewhere in the Indian Peaks Wilderness but I dont even know where to start. A loop would be great but a hike in hike out would work well too. If i could bag a nice pea...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Indian Peaks Wilderness Weekend
June 18, 11:12pm

WM summerlite down question
I was just curious if anyone has a tried and true way to even up the down in the Summerlite? shaking it around usually clumps all of the down to one side, but has anyone figured out a way to make i...

In GEAR » WM summerlite down question
June 16, 11:16am

Re: Montbell Versalite Pant
I guess i must have skipped over the versalite pants somehow, great find. Well its seems as thought the consensus is to go with a wp/b pant. I do agree that if it rains for multiple days and im i...

In GEAR » Wind pants or rain pants?
April 10, 10:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Allen Butts

Allen Butts has posted no reviews.