BPL Community Profile

Jason Torres (burytherails) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Texas
About Me Jason Torres has not added a biography yet.
StateTexas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jason Torres

Showing 101 - 110 of 188 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Forum » Thread

In my experience, about 80% of the symptoms that are experienced are a result of dehydration.
Mark, Bob said, a lot of the symptoms are sometimes due to dehydration- but I will say that dehydration can lead to alt sickness (imho of course). Ymmv I live at sea level. When I am on ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Diamox does it work ?
May 23, 4:38pm

Osprey pack
Payment sent

In Gear Swap » FS: FF, Montbell, Patagonia, Arc'teryx, etc
May 19, 10:46pm

Thanks for the info
@DPope: Thanks for the info brother. Looking forward to seeing Zion in the warmth of the sun.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Zion in April
May 19, 6:39pm

Always happy to help
Dan, I tried it awhile back on my first trip to Alaska. Glad I could help. Enjoy your trip! safe travels Jason

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » bear spray on a plane
May 19, 6:06pm

No and nope
Bear spray is not inexpensive so I understand wanting to take it on the plane but you cannot even store it in your checked luggage. It is highly flammable so they do not allow it. Sorry about the...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » bear spray on a plane
May 19, 12:32pm

Miniworks
SH, Sorry for the late response. I had some things come up. I am going to pass on the filter. Just didn't want anyone getting confused in the thread as to whether it was available or not....

In Gear Swap » FS: OR rain jacket, MSR filter, S2S duffel, "paking cubes"
May 14, 8:50am

>>As in to Bright Angel campground at the river?
>>Hermit to Dripping Springs is a nice hike. If you're relatively strong hikers, at the junction of Boucher and Dripping Springs, take Boucher out toward Yuma Point. Truly great views.. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Grand Canyon day hike suggestions
May 13, 7:10pm

young backpacker.."walk through hell in gasoline trousers"
+1 to Andy. Ask questions: A saying comes to mind "when I was young I could walk through hell in gasoline trousers.."- a friend of mine Melvin (sax player) Trying to talk him out ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Advice sought for wayward backpacker
May 13, 6:13pm

msr miniworks
I'm interested. How many L (est) have you filtered over the 2 yrs? Cheers Jason

In Gear Swap » FS: OR rain jacket, MSR filter, S2S duffel, "paking cubes"
May 12, 6:51pm

Amen..
+1000 to Christopher Thank you for the insight. I could not agree more. The parks (imho) are established to protect nature from us and not the other way around. This is why you can go to...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Judge awards $1.9 million to family of boy killed by bear
May 12, 10:18am

All Reader Reviews by Jason Torres

Jason Torres has posted no reviews.