BPL Community Profile

Kevin Burton (burtonator) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale norcal
About Me 35, male. Software Engineer living in downtown San Francisco.

I'm an intermediate/advanced backpacker. In excellent shape. Love the outdoors.

Avid fisherman. I always carry my rod with me when I am backpacking.

I've climbed Mount Shasta, hiked most of Yosemite, visited Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons.

I'm going to do a 4 week section hike of the PCT in 2013.

You could say I'm addicted.

I have a bunch of backpacking videos over at

http://youtube.com/user/burtonator
CitySan Francisco
StateCA
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://burtonator.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Burton

Showing 101 - 110 of 565 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...57

Forum » Thread

going lighter.
Here's my big takeaway after going from 35lbs to 7lbs... the lighter you go, the lighter you CAN go. So once you shed say ten lbs... that pack you have starts to look massive. Then you shave...

In GEAR » Steps toward lightening the load
December 30, 3:51pm

Re: Umbrella
Wow. Seriously? I've always felt that they were a somewhat wasted piece of gear. I guess if it mounted on my pack so it was hands free... That would be pretty sweet. I imagine I could r...

In Gear Lists » Actual 2013 PCT Gear List for 2014 Hopefuls
December 29, 5:24pm

Re: Thanks James
Wow. This is a weird thread. I was reading Naturally Caffeinated and then remembered we met on the BPL group hike. Then I saw this pic... that's me all the way to the left :)

In Gear Lists » Actual 2013 PCT Gear List for 2014 Hopefuls
December 29, 5:23pm

Re: PCT 2014 northbound
The 5L might be too much once you're into the Sierras. I technically carry 3L with me but 2L is technically a pee bottle and just makes it easy to keep 2L in camp which is plenty of water for d...

In Gear Lists » PCT 2014
December 29, 5:18pm

hard shell
sorry.. a hard shell. I'm going to use a merino baselayer, then a down jacket them a hard shell.

In Winter Hiking » Recommendations for a winter backpacking jacket.
December 29, 12:02am

Re: Re: Winter backpacking in Yosemite.
are there any other backcountry cabins you know of? Ostrander should competition with plenty of skiers, from my understanding.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Winter backpacking in Yosemite.
December 28, 9:50pm

Winter backpacking in Yosemite.
Anyone down to do some winter backpacking trips in Yosemite. I was thinking of heading up to Snow Creek Lodge. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m979b2wrAsE Are there any other lodges? We ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Winter backpacking in Yosemite.
December 28, 9:05pm

Recommendations for a winter backpacking jacket.
I'm trying to figure out what to buy for a backpacking jacket and winter use but I can't figure out what to purchase. It's unclear how to compare jackets (without physically having a...

In Winter Hiking » Recommendations for a winter backpacking jacket.
December 28, 8:56pm

Jock itch and wool boxer briefs..
I've been using synthetic boxer briefs (under armour) just because they generally rock and I've been happy with them. However, I think I'm going to switch to wool... better heat issu...

In GEAR » Jock itch and wool boxer briefs..
December 28, 6:03pm

Cool idea on how to test trail runners while in the store.
I'm not sure why this didn't dawn on me before. The biggest problem I've seen with trail runners is that the lighter you go, the more flimsy they are. The rock plate might not be th...

In GEAR » Cool idea on how to test trail runners while in the store.
December 28, 3:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Burton

Kevin Burton has posted no reviews.