Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Stuart Burke (burkest) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Collegiate Peaks Wilderness
About Me Stuart Burke has not added a biography yet.
CityMadison
StateWI
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List140 mile Colorado loop hike

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart Burke

Showing 101 - 110 of 182 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Forum » Thread

adjustable or fixed length poles for a thru hike
I am currently using a fixed length set of poles on my shorter trips and have been very happy with them. I am hiking the Colorado trail this summer and I am wondering if I should get a set if adjus...

In GEAR » adjustable or fixed length poles for a thru hike
February 20, 7:30am

Re: Gear MOYOG Section Has Gone?
Dan, If you go under the magazine tab at the top of the page then click on techniques you will find the MYOG articles. It is really strange how no articles are listed when you go through the gea...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Gear MOYOG Section Has Gone?
February 08, 2:34pm

Re: ID Cape
John, How well does the ID cape work in windy conditions? I too am hiking the CT this summer and have thought about using an ID cape but always felt that it would billow too much in high winds a...

In Gear Lists » Summer Sub 3# Base - Sub 4# 3 season
February 03, 10:27pm

Re: Montrail
Robert, I was also thinking that I would bring two pairs of flyrocs out to Colorado. I have a pair that I am using now that I will train in this spring and will probably buy a new pair to use on th...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Trailrunners on a class 4
February 03, 9:42pm

Re: Trailrunners on a class 4
Thanks for your input Sam. I guess my biggest concern about climing Pyramid in trail tunners is slicing the mesh of my flyrocs on sharp rocks. Here is a description of the route with pictures. My a...

February 02, 8:30pm

Trailrunners on a class 4
I am planning on doing a CT hike this summer and while I am in Colorado I might do Pyramid with my uncle. I am taking trail runners to do the CT with and I am thinking that I should also bring a pa...

February 02, 7:19pm

Re: Feb Superior Hiking Trail
Sam, Maybe I am confused. I thought that the SHTA hike was in duluth and Jim was talking about doing a separate trip up the shore later on the 23rd.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Feb Superior Hiking Trail
January 19, 6:58pm

Re: Feb Superior Hiking Trail
Jim, I probably would not be able to stay overnight but I would be interested in joining you and whoever else is coming during the day on Saturday and/or Sunday. I could hike in with you from go...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Feb Superior Hiking Trail
January 19, 3:33pm

Re: gloves for the PCT
Don't get the powerstretch gloves even if you find a pair that fits. I bought a pair last year and used them nordic skiing. The fist time a took them put they pilled up instantly. I ended up bu...

In GEAR » gloves for the PCT
January 16, 3:59pm

Goals
My two main goals for 2008 are get in to pharmacy school and hike the AT. I realized (after discussions with my wife) that if I get into pharmacy school that this would be a good summer for a long ...

In Philosophy & Technique » new year's resolutions
January 08, 5:41am

All Reader Reviews by Stuart Burke

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Simblissity Levagaiter
I love these gaiters. I wear them every time I go hiking. They breathe well, dry fast, keep debris out of my shoes and stay in place. When I first used the gaiters it took a few tries to get the fit r...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
February 26, 4:47pm

Montrail Stratos XCR
I like mine quite a bit. They fit well and are reasonably light. My only complaint after hiking 40 miles with them is that the padding around the ankle soaks up a lot of water and takes a long time (s...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 31, 8:39pm