BPL Community Profile

Brian Barnes (brianjbarnes) - BPL Guest

My Locale Midwest
About Me "A natural sprinter, very dangerous over short distances."
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brian Barnes

Showing 101 - 110 of 400 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...40

Forum » Thread

RE: "Blood pressure meds and ibuprofen"
Derek - Not sure what the person in the first post was taking but it was likely an ACE inhibitor like your ramipril (Altace). NSAIDs such as naproxen, ibuprofen, etc can certainly cause renal failu...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Blood pressure meds and ibuprofen
November 16, 8:23am

re "Marmot Baselayers @ TJ Maxx"
our Marshalls in KC had Darn Tough socks ($9), Marmot baselayers ($20), Patagonia cap 1 l/s shirts ($10), and a component marmot ensemble consistent of a l/s down insert plus a driclime shell ($140).

In Gear Deals » Marmot Baselayers @ TJ Maxx
November 11, 8:00pm

RE:"Ryan Jordan pack bag?"
You guys are right regarding the pack... ULA Arctic. I hadn't seen his latest 24 episode (which by the way I love them!). In the prior episode "Garnet Mt" he was using his newer BPL p...

In GEAR » Ryan Jordan pack bag?
November 11, 1:43pm

RE: "Ryan Jordan pack bag?"
beat me by 8 seconds David

November 11, 1:24pm

RE: "Ryan Jordan pack bag?"
From my understanding its a prototype bag that BPL is working on...

November 11, 1:23pm

RE "Diamox"
I've used Diamox when I'm ascending faster than i'd prefer. Definitely can cross react to those allergic to sulfonamides. Tolerated it ok, seemed to work, but consistently have some ann...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Diamox
October 15, 10:43am

RE: "is the mld duomid big enough for 2?"
It works for 2, but I wouldn't consider it roomy. If you are wanting lots of space for two plus lots of gear go with the larger mids. I'm 5'8" and the friend I usually hike wit...

In GEAR » is the mld duomid big enough for 2?
October 14, 11:44am

RE: "MYOG DuoMid Fabric Insert - TEST REPORT"
Just returned from my late fall, week-long fishing trip in the Rockies. The conditions were just right for testing the DuoMid + the Fabric Insert. Here are my thoughts on 3 different environmental ...

In GEAR » MYOG DuoMid Fabric Insert - Completed!
October 12, 12:26pm

RE: "Late Fall Fishing - RMNP - DuoMid Winter Insert.
Richard - The fabric DuoMid insert did well but needs some modifications. I'll post some comments in this thread: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display....

In Post-Trip Reports » Late Fall Fishing - RMNP
October 12, 11:44am

Late Fall Fishing - RMNP
Just got back from a late fall fishing trip on the west and east sides of the divide in RMNP. Hammered the brookies in the East Inlet meadows and caught gorgeous (small, but oh the color!) browns a...

In Post-Trip Reports » Late Fall Fishing - RMNP
October 09, 10:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Brian Barnes

Brian Barnes has posted no reviews.