BPL Community Profile

Andy Duncan (bluewater) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale SoCal
About Me Andy Duncan has not added a biography yet.
CityLaguna Beach
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://seatosummitultralight.blogspot.com/
My PDF Gear ListWinter Sierra Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy Duncan

Showing 101 - 110 of 299 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...30

Forum » Thread

Re: Fall in the Sierra
Beautiful photos Andrew. You've been to a lot of my favorite places in the Sierras. Thanks for posting!

In Post-Trip Reports » Fall in the Sierra
October 25, 9:00pm

Re: Re: Re: Cross Country Loop Around Mt. Darwin via Haeckel Col & Darwin Col
Thanks Tom & Jay. Coming from two people with the Sierra experience you guys have it really means a lot. Still hoping for a long weekend w/ good weather in November. . . Andy.

In Post-Trip Reports » Cross Country Loop Around Mt. Darwin via Haeckel Col & Darwin Col
October 25, 8:32pm

Re: Re: OVERDUE HIKER - please help if you can
I have read that Larry is an experienced hiker. He is a long time member of the High Sierra Topic forum. There is more information at: http://highsierratopix.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=1&...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » OVERDUE HIKER - please help if you can
October 25, 2:23pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cross Country Loop Around Mt. Darwin via Haeckel Col & Darwin Col
Thanks for your comments Ike, Chris, Andrew, HK and Casey. @Ike, the quilt is a copy of the zpacks 20 degree quilt. I used the green quantum pertex for the shell and some SevenD I had left from...

In Post-Trip Reports » Cross Country Loop Around Mt. Darwin via Haeckel Col & Darwin Col
October 25, 1:42pm

Cross Country Loop Around Mt. Darwin via Haeckel Col & Darwin Col
After finishing a section of the Sierra High Route a few weeks ago I met a guy named Donn while hiking out through Sabrina Basin. We talked nutrition, gear, exercise, footwear and world politics wh...

October 25, 3:45am

Rae Lakes Loop
Thanks for your TR of a classic Sierra loop with some great fall colors. I like the pxt of Jhaura with Fin Dome out of focus in the background. We hiked thru Bubbs the week before and also ran into...

In Post-Trip Reports » Rae Lakes Loop, Sept 21-23
September 27, 4:48pm

MYOG sub 4 oz side zip cuben/momentum 55 bivy.
Michael, I've been in the Sierras and just saw your post. The breathability of M55 feels very similar to M90. I recently used the newer M50 for a windshirt and summer quilt and although it has ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG sub 4 oz side zip cuben/momentum 55 bivy.
September 24, 9:21pm

SHR Trip of a Lifetime
Thank you Manfred for your detailed trip report and photos! You and Andrew kept an amazing pace. I am reading this from a hotel in Bishop, I'm leaving tomorrow to hike the first section of the ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Sierra High Route – The Trip of a Lifetime
September 15, 1:48am

Lake Basin
Thanks for your Lake Basin TR and photos. Your photography is beautiful (as usual). The Marion Lake photos have got me psyched! I will be there next week while on the SHR and have a rest day schedu...

In Post-Trip Reports » Lake Basin, Kings Canyon National Park, California
September 09, 1:24am

Quest
I have also received their follow-up emails to confirm information about my orders. With the exception of Joe Velasko who else does that? Another +1 for customer service.

In Make Your Own Gear » Quest Outfitters
August 26, 10:33pm

All Reader Reviews by Andy Duncan

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Titanium Goat AGP AGP
I used these poles on the JMT last summer and had no problems. They are extremely light and the grips and very comfortable. The locking system is smooth and flawless. I have used them in snow and mile...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:20pm

Thermarest Neo-Air
After using the large (19oz) for the extra 5" in width and the regular (14 oz) to save a little weight I finally just settled on the small (9 oz). It's lightweight and perfect as an extended ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
October 01, 2:24am

zpacks Company
I ordered a Hexamid Tent on Sept. 1st and received it on the extact day Joe said it would mailed out. When I added some accessories to the order at the last minute he sent them without charging for th...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 01, 2:01am