BPL Community Profile

. . (biointegra) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Puget Sound
About Me "Soli Deo Gloria"
CityCircumnavigable
StateWA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.vonbora.org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by . .

Showing 101 - 110 of 1143 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...115

Forum » Thread

Re: lightest hot water bottle
Platy works great for hot water. Ti windscreens can function as funnels also.

In GEAR » lightest hot water bottle
September 10, 11:36pm

Re: Re: Re: beer can pots
I am glad to see this thread still alive... If only these were a bit bigger and Ti. Nonetheless, an interesting option: http://www.amazon.com/LunchBots-Stainless-Leak-Proof-Container-16-Ounc...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Water bottles for boiling
September 09, 12:18am

Re: Lightweight Inflatable Sleeping Mats - State of the Market Report 2011 Part 2: Test Results and Mini-Reviews
Thank you all for the excellent article! As an aside, my go to winter pad is a KookaBay DAM that is 60" x 21" x 3.5" R6 mummy shape pad that is 14.9 oz. It is comparable in comfo...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Inflatable Sleeping Mats - State of the Market Report 2011 Part 2: Test Results and Mini-Reviews
September 08, 6:47pm

Re: Catch and release
A local fly fishing shop had a "fish-out" recently in the Olympic National Park. I went with my children and mostly just hiked, but as we were playing along the river, we found several d...

In Fishing » Catch and release
September 08, 6:09pm

Re: Yet another Rainier question thread
Either of those bags should be fine. Go with the one that fits best + the lighter option - consider a WM Ultralite also, if it fits you. A few other things to consider: - Bring Ear plugs - ...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Yet another Rainier ...
September 08, 6:01pm

Re: Tyvek Freezing to snow problems
I have had a similar problem when using Tyvek booties as "camp muluks." It seemed like a great idea at the time: foam hotel slippers + down socks + oversized Tyvek booties = 4 oz. winter...

In Make Your Own Gear » Winter Bivy Advise needed
September 08, 5:49pm

WTB: Bark River Bravo Necker Knife (II)
Someone was selling one a while back and I missed it, so perhaps someone else has one they would part with? The larger version II would be preferred.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Bark River Bravo Necker Knife
September 04, 12:38am

Re: Re: Peter'sHeadNets are Back .. soon.
[duplicate post] -pardon me.

In Gear Swap » Peter'sHeadNets are Back .. soon.
September 03, 11:43pm

Re: Multiday in Washington
I would be interested in an Olympics traverse a bit later into October or even November possibly, but I am booked up for the next few weeks.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Multiday in Washington
September 02, 12:17am

Re: My tenkara story (and why you should too)
My story is similar, but my tally is less...probably since I am mostly trying to use my Tenkara rod on Saltwater. Yes, I know, square peg; round hole. It did nicely on the Gallatin, however.

In Fishing » My tenkara story (and why you should too)
August 22, 4:24pm

All Reader Reviews by . .

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Cloudveil Company
I had well used and more or less thrashed a jacket that was an early model lightweight 3-layer stretch shell over a period of about 8 years when it "gave up the ghost." Specifically, it beg...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 29, 10:18pm

zpacks Company
I really appreciate the attention to detail in both product and customer service that Joe set's forth. I also really respect his commitment to the reason his gear is created, even to the point of...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 29, 10:12pm

Casio Exilim EX-V8 (awesome video quality!)
The Casio EX-V8 has proved to be the perfect blend of light weight, video quality, sound quality, photo quality, + features that I need for trail & climbing use, as well as everyday moments w/ kid...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
April 19, 11:35pm

Terra Nova Laser
2009 version adds a rear door and 2-way zippers on both sides. It looses the second main zipper and ability to open up the porch all the way and claims to loose a few ounces of weight...but this ende...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
April 19, 10:37pm

Patagonia Spraymaster
This Jacket is a great idea, but unfortunately did not perform as well as I'd hoped. It comes in at 11.7 oz. in a size M, which is heavier than specified from Patagonia. Pros: - fabric...

In Clothing - Raingear
April 10, 10:37pm

Trader Joes Indian Fare
It is as close as you can get to a good restaurant experience in the wilderness - all the work is done for you and the food tastes fresh. Jaipur Vegetables & eggplant are especially yummy; some o...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
March 21, 12:07pm