Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Davis (billybooster) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale So Cal
About Me John Davis has not added a biography yet.
CityLaguna Beach
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListLess than 10lb on my back

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Davis

Showing 101 - 110 of 156 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Forum » Thread

Shoulder pad cuts
The funny thing is it isnt pressuring my neck/ shoulder area... its way too wide and pressuring there...it's pulling a great deal backwards - not cutting in or anything... Ive moved the wate...

In GEAR » Gossamer Gear Mariposa question
September 21, 7:27pm

Stays, water bladder et al
Yes the curved Al stay is in there. Yes I have a water bladder, and moving the bladder to the top of the bag has helped with the back 'pushing' however the shoulder straps seem 'way'...

September 21, 6:27pm

Gossamer Gear Mariposa question
I have just acquired the new mariposa from Goassamer Gear. I have been using a Z55 Gregory pack and kinda liked it but wanted to go lighter. I am having to carry everything but food and a bear c...

September 21, 5:40pm

its not them its me....
its not just the family its me that has to overcome the concept of being eaten alive by man eating spiders or similar! The bivy / tarp concept is for weight purposes...and it'd be something...

In GEAR » fear of unknown - tent to tarp
September 21, 2:59pm

if i could use wood...
no fires where i go - not aloud. sometimes wwe cheat and build a small one on very still nights...

In Gear Lists » Final touches to list - cooking and eating
September 21, 6:08am

Evaporation
Doesn't alcohol evaporate when in noisy cannisters? They are like small fish - hey have gills through which they can see....

In Philmont » alcohol stoves at philmont?
September 20, 2:49pm

AS Nike say - I guess just do it...
SO now my question is about logistics - does the mat you sleep on go inside the bivvy? If not what protects its delicate underbelly? Is there a separate sleeve in the bivvy? Is the bivvy for wind a...

September 20, 1:54pm

fear of unknown - tent to tarp
I have a rainshadow 2 and some UL ideas / kit BUT my daughter and significant other(s) are hung up on the fear of bugs that crawl or fly or badgers or skunks or wildebeast if in a bivvy or /and usi...

September 20, 10:59am

snakes in the grass
bow wowwow

In GEAR » Big Agnes vs NeoAir
September 19, 3:24pm

MLD Mid
What about duoMid with the bug tent - that seems good! Not mentioned thus far....

In GEAR » 2 person tent vs Double Rainbow...
September 19, 2:26am

All Reader Reviews by John Davis

John Davis has posted no reviews.