BPL Community Profile

Bill Fornshell (bfornshell) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern Texas
About Me I have been a member here since 24 August, 2003.

I believe in SUL and Lighter, Backpacking, and make most of my own gear. If you have a question about something I have made you can read about most of it here or on my Blog.

http://ultraliteskunkworks.blogspot.com/

Please Note:

I don't make things for other people. Thanks for asking but the answer to all, is NO.
CitySan Antonio
StateTexas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill Fornshell

Showing 101 - 110 of 1794 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...180

Forum » Thread

Re: Poncho liners
Hi, I used an Army Poncho in Vietnam back in 1967 - 1968 and 1970 -1971. I bought 4 in 1968 and still own three of them. I even had a full zipper sewn on one to make sort of a sleeping bag o...

In GEAR » Hot Summer Sleep System
June 22, 5:24pm

Re: Re: Lightest Ever
Getting under 3 pounds isn't that hard if you make your own gear or have the money to buy the really light gear. Sub 2 -lb, Oct AT Top row Left to Right: Pertex Quantum...

In GEAR » Lightest Ever
June 21, 9:31am

Re: Re: How does one sew Momentum Fabric
Roleigh, All my sewing is done on one of two "Brother" low end sewing machines that I have. Give them a scrap to play with and just tell them to have at it. If they are any good they...

In Make Your Own Gear » How does one sew Momentum Fabric
June 16, 11:22pm

Re: Re: Re: Has anyone made a Cuben Fiber VBL suit?
Hi Rusty, With my low hiking shoes I can get the pants on or off with the snaps closed if I take my time. You should make the legs just a bit wider if you don't want snaps or zippers The ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Has anyone made a Cuben Fiber VBL suit?
June 16, 11:14pm

Re: Has anyone made a Cuben Fiber VBL suit?
Thanks Sam for posting the link to my Blog. Here is the BPL thread for the Cuben Footies: Cuben FootiesCuben Footies Link I also made a pair of Cuben Rain / VB Pants: Cuben Rain VB Pa...

In Make Your Own Gear » Has anyone made a Cuben Fiber VBL suit?
June 15, 6:49pm

Re: Anyone cut down a Katidin Gravity Filter?
Look on toward the bottom of page 1 of the thread: Filter on a Diet

In GEAR » Anyone cut down a Katidin Gravity Filter?
May 25, 4:34pm

Re: Alphamid-style pattern
Hi, Take a look at this thread and you will see how I made my pattern. Tale of Two Alphamid's ~ MYOG ~ U-L & SUL If you do a cardboard model like I did you should then be able to g...

In Make Your Own Gear » Alphamid-style pattern
May 19, 4:33pm

Re: pot lifters
Bail for a small pot

In GEAR » pot lifters
May 19, 12:41pm

Re: "Sail Grade Cuben"
Lawson, I talked to North Sail when they first bought Cuben. What they told me was that North Sail will sell to sailmakers only and Cuben Corp will sell the rest of the world that is using Cube...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben wallet
May 17, 4:46pm

Re: Where Can I Buy These?
These are what I use: contact magnetic's Checkout the batteries that the little magnetics attach to. I use the Radio Control stuff and have some of what you see for sale.

In Make Your Own Gear » Where Can I Buy These?
May 15, 8:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Bill Fornshell

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BMW (BPL) UL 60 Balaclava
Cocoon UL 60 Balaclava - Multi-Purpose - 5/5 I have had my Cocoon Balaclava since they first shipped. When I got it I was in the middle of several things and just looked it over, put it on, bless...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
July 08, 10:08pm

OR (Outdoor Research)
During the planning for my AT Hike this coming January I got out my old OR Advanced Bivy. I had used it only a few times after I bought it about 10 years ago and wanted to have a good look at it set ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 29, 4:41pm

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
1. Being able to have a picture and a little information about us all and a possible way to send a private email to other members. 2. A list of all our replies to threads in date order. This alone ...

In Books and Media
October 27, 8:16pm

Patagonia Dragonfly pullover
I have to agree with everyone about the Patagonia DragonFly. I bought 2 on a close-out sale for $29.95 each. You can't hardly beat that for a really great piece of gear.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
December 19, 9:22am