Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bill Fornshell (bfornshell) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern Texas
About Me I have been a member here since 24 August, 2003.

I believe in SUL and Lighter, Backpacking, and make most of my own gear. If you have a question about something I have made you can read about most of it here or on my Blog.

http://ultraliteskunkworks.blogspot.com/

Please Note:

I don't make things for other people. Thanks for asking but the answer to all, is NO.
CitySan Antonio
StateTexas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill Fornshell

Showing 101 - 110 of 1796 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...180

Forum » Thread

Re: cowboy coffee
If you want the "True" cowboy coffee you want to try some Arbuckles' - Ariosa Coffee. The coffee that won the West. USA - West that is. Link

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » The Best Camp Coffee
July 20, 4:23pm

Re: Where to place an inline filter in the line?
"Water from a 3L Platypus Big Zip SL through a Sawyer 3-in-1 to whatever." Brett, The box your Sawyer Filter came in should have a "flow" rate on it. The filter is design...

In GEAR » Where to place an inline filter in the line?
July 02, 6:00pm

Re: Poncho liners
Hi, I used an Army Poncho in Vietnam back in 1967 - 1968 and 1970 -1971. I bought 4 in 1968 and still own three of them. I even had a full zipper sewn on one to make sort of a sleeping bag o...

In GEAR » Hot Summer Sleep System
June 22, 5:24pm

Re: Re: Lightest Ever
Getting under 3 pounds isn't that hard if you make your own gear or have the money to buy the really light gear. Sub 2 -lb, Oct AT Top row Left to Right: Pertex Quantum...

In GEAR » Lightest Ever
June 21, 9:31am

Re: Re: How does one sew Momentum Fabric
Roleigh, All my sewing is done on one of two "Brother" low end sewing machines that I have. Give them a scrap to play with and just tell them to have at it. If they are any good they...

In Make Your Own Gear » How does one sew Momentum Fabric
June 16, 11:22pm

Re: Re: Re: Has anyone made a Cuben Fiber VBL suit?
Hi Rusty, With my low hiking shoes I can get the pants on or off with the snaps closed if I take my time. You should make the legs just a bit wider if you don't want snaps or zippers The ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Has anyone made a Cuben Fiber VBL suit?
June 16, 11:14pm

Re: Has anyone made a Cuben Fiber VBL suit?
Thanks Sam for posting the link to my Blog. Here is the BPL thread for the Cuben Footies: Cuben FootiesCuben Footies Link I also made a pair of Cuben Rain / VB Pants: Cuben Rain VB Pa...

In Make Your Own Gear » Has anyone made a Cuben Fiber VBL suit?
June 15, 6:49pm

Re: Anyone cut down a Katidin Gravity Filter?
Look on toward the bottom of page 1 of the thread: Filter on a Diet

In GEAR » Anyone cut down a Katidin Gravity Filter?
May 25, 4:34pm

Re: Alphamid-style pattern
Hi, Take a look at this thread and you will see how I made my pattern. Tale of Two Alphamid's ~ MYOG ~ U-L & SUL If you do a cardboard model like I did you should then be able to g...

In Make Your Own Gear » Alphamid-style pattern
May 19, 4:33pm

Re: pot lifters
Bail for a small pot

In GEAR » pot lifters
May 19, 12:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Bill Fornshell

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BMW (BPL) UL 60 Balaclava
Cocoon UL 60 Balaclava - Multi-Purpose - 5/5 I have had my Cocoon Balaclava since they first shipped. When I got it I was in the middle of several things and just looked it over, put it on, bless...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
July 08, 10:08pm

OR (Outdoor Research)
During the planning for my AT Hike this coming January I got out my old OR Advanced Bivy. I had used it only a few times after I bought it about 10 years ago and wanted to have a good look at it set ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 29, 4:41pm

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
1. Being able to have a picture and a little information about us all and a possible way to send a private email to other members. 2. A list of all our replies to threads in date order. This alone ...

In Books and Media
October 27, 8:16pm

Patagonia Dragonfly pullover
I have to agree with everyone about the Patagonia DragonFly. I bought 2 on a close-out sale for $29.95 each. You can't hardly beat that for a really great piece of gear.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
December 19, 9:22am