BPL Community Profile

ben wood (benwood) - BPL Guest

My Locale flatlands of MO
About Me i am 30, a husband and father of 2 girls. i am currently a stay at home dad. i have been backpacking for about a year as of this writing. if you want to anything more, just let me know.
CityLexington
StateMO
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGila NF may 2010

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by ben wood

Showing 101 - 110 of 595 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...60

Forum » Thread

Re: Re; Home on the Highway
James, this is awesome, i don't know how i missed this until now. sounds like like all kinds of fun.

In Other Activities » Home on the Highway - San Francisco to Ushuaia, Argentina in an 87 4Runner
December 17, 8:41am

Re: PCT: Tent or Tarp
Jace, I can't comment on the PCT or any long trips for that matter. I can comment on the GG squall classic. I have had tarps, tents, and slept under the trailstar and shangri-la shelters a...

In GEAR » PCT: Tent or Tarp
December 16, 12:01pm

Re: Re: tarp bound with kids
" "Geez, my kids just want to take their clothes off, run around like mad people and throw rocks into a creek for hours." Sounds like a good way to spend the weekend to me!"...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » tent bound with kids
December 16, 11:53am

Re: Nice ULC Caldera / Titanium Cook Kit for 1-2
nice, total weight?

In GEAR » Nice ULC Caldera / Titanium Cook Kit for 1-2
December 13, 9:08am

Re: week of 12/5
nice mike, good to hear. Now i'm the only one who is still sidelined. do you have a link for the wrapping method you are using? i'd like to give it a try. been keeping up with RICE, a...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 2012 R2R2R Group - Training Log's
December 12, 1:24pm

Re: Re: "Murphy's Laws of Backpacking"
the sugar in the tea reminds me of my first backpacking trip, which was also eugene smith's first backpacking trip. He brought some powdered milk for coffee and some powdered scrambled eggs...

In Philosophy & Technique » Murphy's Laws of Backpacking
December 12, 1:12pm

Re: FS: MSR whisperlite internationale
bump also might consider a trade i am looking for a trangia 27 set and a SVEA 123R

In Gear Swap » FS: MSR whisperlite internationale
December 10, 1:32pm

Condolences
Sorry to hear this chad all the best

In Chaff » R.I.P. George Matthews
December 09, 10:37am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ankle taping
art, i am now 33. i haven't been very active since high school and lots of skating in college until backpacking. I started running off and on at about 30. i've lost close to 30 lbs since t...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 2012 R2R2R Group - Training Log's
December 05, 11:37am

Re: fumes
yeah, zinc oxide fumes can be pretty bad. although i highly doubt you'd be getting poisoned from 2 stakes in an open air environment. I used to be a machinist and fabricator and we would st...

In GEAR » Stove of the Week: The Trangia 27
December 05, 8:15am

All Reader Reviews by ben wood

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

MLD Super Prophet
well, i purchased this pack used from another BPL member. It looked brand new. upon first receiving it i was amazed at the craftsmanship and quality involved in construction. this is my first pack fro...

In Backpacks - Frameless
August 20, 1:05pm

patagonia down sweater
i bought this sweater %50 off on sale for $100 and have been very happy with it. pros: very comfy and warm, somewhat water resistant outer shell, pretty light, price cons: sewn through construction...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
June 15, 11:28am

Granite Gear company
i have purched one pack and a few stuff sacks from Granite gear. i have been extremely happy with their products. good customer service as well. you can read my review of that in another thread. the s...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 01, 3:26pm

Granite Gear Customer Service (???)
i read other had bad customer service. well i purchased a nimbus latitude and it came with a womens hipbelt that didn't fit. i was leaving for a trip in a week. what was i to do? well i called gr...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 01, 3:21pm

REI Sub-Kilo 20 degree
i got mine on sale for like $160. it has kept me warm at 10-15 deg. it is a slender fit, which i prefer as i am only 5'9". on the scale it is about 1lb.14oz. and well worth the money spent. t...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
January 30, 10:45am

trangia mini
great stove, comes with cookset which includes a stove with simmer ring, potstand/windscreen, pot, frypan/lid, and pot gripper. the whole thing weighs in at 11oz. and is quite tough. i have used in 1...

In Stoves - Alcohol
January 30, 10:41am