Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Benen Huntley (benen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South Australia
About Me I'm new to backpacking but love camping, rock climbing and the outdoors.
CityHighbury
StateSouth Australia
My PDF Gear ListBasic Gear List (summer and winter)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Benen Huntley

Showing 101 - 110 of 193 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Forum » Thread

Winter Pad
Hey everyone :) From what I've read about the Neo-Air, there have been a lot of people unhappy with the temperatures that they can take it down to. My wife and I both have one and on two occa...

In GEAR » Winter Pad
October 17, 6:40pm

Haha, thanks very much guys :) I'll sort something out. I was so upset when I first did it. I love that jacket for our climbing trips, it's insanely warm and well made. Oh well, these thing...

In GEAR » I ripped my new MH down jacket!
October 17, 3:37am

Awesome, it's quite a nice jacket so I would like it to be as un-noticeable as possible. I lost no down at all thankfully. Seamstress it is. Thanks for your help.

October 15, 11:22pm

Thanks Andrew
Thanks heaps for your post Andrew! You've given me some good ideas to reduce out weight. We haven't even used the tent yet so I definitely can't justify buying something else just yet. ...

In Gear Lists » My updated gear list
October 15, 10:53pm

I ripped my new MH down jacket!
Hi all, I'm always super careful with my gear but I just got the back of my practically new Mountain Hardwear Sub-Zero SL jacket caught on a piece of wire sticking out from a fence. The tear is...

October 15, 10:44pm

Thanks very much.
The Sidewinder it is. All I can find about these products is good feedback so I am sure that I'll be very happy with it! Thank you all very much for your help as always! This is by far my favou...

In GEAR » Cook/Eat System
October 14, 10:49am

Sidewinder or Regular
Do you have the Sidewinder or the regular Ti-Tri. The fact that the sidewinder or ulc options fit into the evernew 1.3L pot make it sound that much better again!

October 14, 9:47am

Caledra Ti-Tri
I really baby my stuff too. Even my MSR dragonfly's and MSR flex3 sets get kept in their boxes while I'm camping. I like to make my gear last as long as possible and keep it in the best con...

October 14, 9:19am

Ti-tri
Haha. Still nice and light, definitely at the top of my list! Soot from the wood fire isn't an issue? I'll always have the thru-hiker (if they are allowed during fire ban season over here, ...

October 13, 2:49pm

Ti-tri
Surely there could only be a very few grams between models though?

October 13, 2:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Benen Huntley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hermits Hut
I just purchased two WM Ultralite bags from HH and they arrived today. I got an email to say when they were shipped and the shipped free from America to Australia. Couldn't be happier.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 31, 6:36am

Western Mountaineering The Company
As was previously said. I also live in Australia and they will not allow american retailers to sell to us. Ridiculous. I was surprised that I managed to purchase 2 sleeping bags from hermitshut which ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 23, 7:37pm