BPL Community Profile

Benen Huntley (benen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South Australia
About Me I'm new to backpacking but love camping, rock climbing and the outdoors.
CityHighbury
StateSouth Australia
My PDF Gear ListBasic Gear List (summer and winter)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Benen Huntley

Showing 101 - 110 of 179 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

cook/eat system
We'll have to give it a try out at home to find out whether eating from a freezer bag is suitable for us. I'm pretty easy either way but my wife might hate it. If eating from freezer bags...

In GEAR » Cook/Eat System
October 11, 11:25pm

Eating
Thanks very much everyone for the very quick and helpful replies. I'm now thinking I could possibly get a larger 1.3l pot and share it for meals or freezer bags and 2 mugs. The weight is about ...

October 11, 1:25am

Layering
I was actually looking at light weight down jackets today. That's a great idea. Thanks. My wife already has a very light fleece but her down jacket is a MH sub zero sl so no good for backpackin...

In Gear Lists » My updated gear list
October 11, 1:13am

packs and neo-air
Like I said, unfortunately we have already purchased them. I did go for a 4 hour hike last weekend with a decent weight in my pack and found it very comfortable. I would have liked a 2lb pack but a...

October 10, 9:55pm

eating
So you're suggesting for longer trips to take a single pot to share out of? Like the 1.3L Evernew. And mugs? Or just skip hot drinks.

October 10, 8:23pm

eating
Do most people on here eat out of bags in a cosy?

October 10, 7:17pm

My updated gear list
Hey everyone, if you get a chance, I'd love for you to look at our gear list. Everything is now purchased and we're just coming into good weather and are super keen to try it out! Origin...

October 10, 7:11pm

Thanks!
I think you might have replied last time :) That sounds pretty similar to what I'm looking at. My only concern is the mug volume and shape. I don't know that I could comfortable eat out of...

October 10, 7:00pm

Cook/Eat System
I have asked about this previously but am going to get back into the topic again :) The basic gist of it: I will be backpacking with my wife. We currently have a dragonfly and msr cookpot and mugs...

October 10, 5:55pm

First Shoes
Hey everyone :) I'm new to backpacking and am after my first pair of shoes. I have never had a pair of boots and am a long time rock climber that is used to wearing sneakers or approach shoe...

In GEAR » First Shoes
October 10, 5:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Benen Huntley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hermits Hut
I just purchased two WM Ultralite bags from HH and they arrived today. I got an email to say when they were shipped and the shipped free from America to Australia. Couldn't be happier.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 31, 6:36am

Western Mountaineering The Company
As was previously said. I also live in Australia and they will not allow american retailers to sell to us. Ridiculous. I was surprised that I managed to purchase 2 sleeping bags from hermitshut which ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 23, 7:37pm