BPL Community Profile

Ben 2 World (ben2world) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So Cal
About Me Ben 2 World has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben 2 World

Showing 101 - 110 of 9567 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...957

Forum » Thread

On This Memorial Day...
Yes, we remember, and we appreciate each and every one of our service men and women who gave their lives for our country. But for us the citizenry, just remembering and saying 'thanks' i...

In Chaff » On This Memorial Day...
May 27, 11:44am

Re: Chaff Museum
And the museum's pride exhibit and perennial crowd pleaser - The Myee Chaff Cutting Machine:

In Chaff » Chaff Museum
May 26, 4:07pm

Re: scam
"Sad to see there is that kind of thing here. Hope you get some resolution." My understanding is that the alleged scammer (Park) is NOT a BPL member -- or at least not a poster here on...

In Gear Swap » Scammer on Gear Swap board
May 26, 2:04pm

Re: Originally a WTB thread
I see. After reading your subsequent post above, I revised mine... Anyway, I hope your tent will show up... my hunch is that it will... eventually.

May 25, 9:15pm

Re: Scammer on Gear Swap board
I imagine scammers are quick to cash out and break all communication. This person waited a good ten days to cash your money order? Doesn't seem to fit the mold. Anyway, hope springs eternal....

May 25, 9:08pm

Little or No Risks = Little or No Gain
"Of course there is the chance of an accident -- especially if you are in over your head -- which skilled and experienced hikers don't do." Hmmm... methinks that begs the question ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking health risks?
May 25, 7:05pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Request user name change.
"Changing my e-mail doesn't affect this..." I meant a new email addy for your email use -- and let the one shown here die a slow death...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Request for username change
May 25, 6:55pm

RE: How long do you hold on to extra gear you don't really use?
I hate clutter. Stuff that's not used get thrown on EBay. :)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How long do you hold on to extra gear you don't really use?
May 24, 9:14pm

Re: TNF Refuses to Sign Bangladesh Factory Safety Accord
As usual, media high on cheap emotions and low on substantive details. For those interested in what this accord actually entails, visit the link below: https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http%3...

In Chaff » TNF Refuses to Sign Bangladesh Factory Safety Accord
May 24, 8:17pm

Take the Easier Option
Change your email address. :)

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Request for username change
May 06, 6:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben 2 World

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Sky Ultra C Aluminum Tent Stakes
I've been using titanium shepherd hook stakes for years now -- loving their ultralight weight but disappointed with their suboptimal ground penetration and holding power. These stakes can be bent...

In Miscellaneous Products
January 09, 8:02pm

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
I received my pair and went on a moderate 2-hour hike today (approx. 2,000 ft. elevation gain over 2.7 miles -- then returning back down). I find the specs to be accurate, and the poles a beauty to...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:33pm

MontBell Versalite 20
This is a no-thrills but well-constructed frameless day pack. You can see photo and specs here. You can also see BPL...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 04, 7:18pm

Coleman F1 Ultralight
The first review touched on the F1's performance. This post will describe and critique the set up process. Prior to buying the F1, I have used the MSR PocketRocket (PR). With the PR, all you ...

In Stoves - Canister
January 28, 11:03am

Micropur MP 1 Chlorine Dioxide Water Purifier Tablet
Comparison to Potable Aqua above is incorrect. For bacteria and viruses, Micropur is just as effective and easy to use (15 minutes treatment time). It is only for protozoa (e.g. cryptosporidium) t...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 06, 9:28am