Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

eric chan (bearbreeder) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale eric chan hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me eric chan has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by eric chan

Showing 101 - 110 of 4229 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...423

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Could high FP-down benefit from an anti-humidity treatment ?
Its "forum talk" bases on tests that our illustrious dear leader he got the IDFL to do As to the companies using lower fill power down rather than synth in more moisture succeptible ar...

In GEAR » Could high FP-down benefit from an anti-humidity treatment ?
January 06, 9:28am

Unknown
Its one of the marketing claims made of DWR down How it works in reality no one knows ... I havent seen any real tests Also interesting is whether flurocarbon treated DWR lessen body oils get...

In GEAR » Could high FP-down benefit from an anti-humidity treatment ?
January 05, 5:22pm

By the spec
Well if "by the spec" means re-iterating that the manufacturer themselves dont recommend using their own product where life or limb is at stake ... Ill point that out when BPL fails to...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2014 Staff Picks
January 05, 4:55pm

Re: Re: Full zip Capiline 4 hoodie alternate ?
The new mec T2 is no longer similar to the cap4 They use a powerdry with smaller bumps and a bit less gap between them Its more similar to the dead bird phase SV in that regard ;)

In GEAR » Full zip Capiline 4 hoodie alternate ?
January 04, 10:06am

Re: Sleeping in a Down Jacket?
The more you use a high fill power jacket the more you should wash it as yr body vapor gets into it Each time you wash it itll degrade the down a bit Also wearing it daily will abrade the UL ...

In GEAR » Sleeping in a Down Jacket?
January 03, 10:17pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ice axe
Theres no "winning" or "losing" !!! Folks including myself use gear in ways that manufacturers dont recommend ... I use petzl devices as simulclimbing protection for example,...

January 03, 9:43pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ice axe
The problem isnt the use as a "walking stick" Its with the self arrest ... Which means that you are using on a slope with snow, perhaps hard packed icy snow (you might find that out a...

January 03, 9:27pm

Re: Re: Ice axe
B rated axes are meant for self arrest, glacier travel, and scrambling/moderate mountaineering T rated are meant for technical terrain To put it simply IMO if you need to self arrest, then th...

January 03, 3:10pm

Re: What is the best lightweight synthetic parka to buy and why?
Whatever fits well and is at the price you want They all wear out if you use em constantly ... the recent coreloft thread ... http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/for...

In GEAR » What is the best lightweight synthetic parka to buy and why?
January 03, 1:49pm

Ice axe
Those uiaa ratings are there for a reason An ice axes used for self belay and arrest should be able to do so consistently without breaking This means you should pick any one out of a bin and ...

January 03, 10:26am

All Reader Reviews by eric chan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
the key to using this jacket is to use it under a windshell or synthetic jacket like a nanopuff by itself the shell is fairly fragile, there are no pockets, there is no waist string ... however ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 30, 7:44pm