Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

eric chan (bearbreeder) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale eric chan hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me eric chan has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by eric chan

Showing 101 - 110 of 4323 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...433

Forum » Thread

grid
the reasons for grid/fuzz/bumps inside is for ... - capillary action in denier gradient fabrics so that the moisture will wick outwards better - reduced "dampness" next to the skin,...

In GEAR » Grid Fleece Question
February 19, 12:33pm

Re: Re: Lithium
its a chinese made lamp bob be happy that the instructions are in "ingrish" ;)

In GEAR » Fenix HL23 Weights
February 19, 12:17pm

Lithium
The fenix hl22 will take lithiums, the hl23 will be the same https://www.fenixtactical.com/manuals/fenix-hl22-1-user-manual.pdf ;)

February 19, 11:35am

Re: Re: Warranty
The coating is delaminating and the seams are coming apart as well Rain jacket delaminations are one of the most common outdoor gear failures ... And its not something you can really repair ;)

In GEAR » Time to upgrade my rain jacket...
February 18, 7:54pm

Re: Temps / Conditions
To the OP Try something like a cap4/T2/phase AR/SV at those temps Itll be a tad bit "warmer" but they are quite breathable ... Theres a few theories on "sweating" 1....

In GEAR » Layering System for Those Who Sweat a Lot????
February 18, 7:27pm

Warranty
Which ever jacket you get make sure it has a good warranty Theres a good chance these cheaper jackets may delaminate in a few years of light to moderate use Heres one i got for a partner ... ...

In GEAR » Time to upgrade my rain jacket...
February 18, 7:04pm

PLB
Here is a rescue case study about the challenge of PLBs and the "error" rate http://blog.oplopanax.ca/2011/08/personal-locator-beacons-from-the-rescuer’s-perspective/ The conditio...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Missing hiker found dead in the Whites
February 17, 9:20am

Technique
There is no good way to answer your question without knowing the temps and conditions youre moving at For example soaking through your layers and staying wet (warm and wet is a myth when stopped...

In GEAR » Layering System for Those Who Sweat a Lot????
February 17, 8:28am

Re: Fenix HL23 Weights
hmmm ... thats actually heavier than a petzl tikka loaded with alkalines AAAs which is ~85g also as a side note the tikka RXP with reactive lighting and a USB rechargeable li-on pack weights ~11...

February 13, 7:58pm

mobility
as ralph says being lighter means you can be more mobile, often getting out of situations faster .. so lighter CAN be "safer" but theres a huge caveat to that ... you need to be abl...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Gear weight vs safety and preparedness
February 12, 11:09pm

All Reader Reviews by eric chan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
the key to using this jacket is to use it under a windshell or synthetic jacket like a nanopuff by itself the shell is fairly fragile, there are no pockets, there is no waist string ... however ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 30, 7:44pm